Sign in to follow this  
stangnet33

Advise on shipping part to Canada

Looking for advise on shipping a front seat for my car. Thanks to Junior's find, its a real good deal. Wondering from a US perspective what would be the cheapest way to have it sent up here to Canada. The fellow with the seat has no idea. I'm in no hurry just as long as it gets here. I deal with alot of salt water aquarium stuff sending and receiving live animals but this is a little different. Any advise appreciated.

Looking for advise on shipping a front seat for my car. Thanks to Junior's find, its a real good deal. Wondering from a US perspective what would be the cheapest way to have it sent up here to Canada. The fellow with the seat has no idea. I'm in no hurry just as long as it gets here. I deal with alot of salt water aquarium stuff sending and receiving live animals but this is a little different. Any advise appreciated.

Unbolt the seat and ship in 2 boxes through USPS. UPS has insane brokage fees ect so never ever use UPS unless the value is less then $20.00 My guess with 2 boxes and the weight you'll still pay close to $100.00 in shipping.

Unbolt the seat and ship in 2 boxes through USPS. UPS has insane brokage fees ect so never ever use UPS unless the value is less then $20.00 My guess with 2 boxes and the weight you'll still pay close to $100.00 in shipping.

another vote for Monzy's suggestion.

The only time I touch UPS is when I have things shipped to The UPS Store, which is just on the other side of the border (50 minutes away from me). They'll hold it for $5, and then at the border you pay duty (if there is any) and provincial taxes on it (or HST, if you're blessed ;) ).

another vote for Monzy's suggestion.

The only time I touch UPS is when I have things shipped to The UPS Store, which is just on the other side of the border (50 minutes away from me). They'll hold it for $5, and then at the border you pay duty (if there is any) and provincial taxes on it (or HST, if you're blessed ;) ).

thanks for the input ! I'll have to use this for future reference as I got sandbaged on the deal for the seat. The guy was going to send it to me, deal made and then phoned back the next day saying he was just going to sell it to some one closer. He did mention it was someone who saw it on this site :mad: So back to look'n

thanks for the input ! I'll have to use this for future reference as I got sandbaged on the deal for the seat. The guy was going to send it to me, deal made and then phoned back the next day saying he was just going to sell it to some one closer. He did mention it was someone who saw it on this site :mad: So back to look'n

Stangnet33, are you looking for highback or low back seats? I know of a guy outside of Calgary that is selling the seats from a wrecked 69 coupe. they are the low back. Within Canada Greyhound is best and cheapest I found.

Stangnet33, are you looking for highback or low back seats? I know of a guy outside of Calgary that is selling the seats from a wrecked 69 coupe. they are the low back. Within Canada Greyhound is best and cheapest I found.

I'm looking for a drivers side highback seat.

I'm looking for a drivers side highback seat.