Ash

Ash's 69 R-code

911 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Ash said:

I know my work is not up to others who do this often or have lots of experience. 

That's pretty much how I feel when I post some progress Ash. But hey, there will always be someone better, bigger, faster and with more money.  I take solace in the fact that most everything we do is better in fit, finish and quality the what was done at the Ford factory. Most of our cars aren't concours, we're just fixing years of abuse from mother nature and morons who owned the car before us. No need to apologise Ash, keep up the good work.

I reckon you do great work mate.The car is coming along well .

Just think about the finished result and what you have achieved.

Thanks, guys. Much appreciate the feedback.

I think that's especially where I feel confident, Bob, I know it is done better than when it was new. Putting epoxy on every surface sure is making a lot of extra work but I'm hoping to never have to repair it again once done.

I hope your trip went well too, Mac. You must be back in Aus now. Hope the family had a great time!

Hey Ash, Love your work. They're some pretty serious repairs. I am so jealous that your daughter gets into it with you. My 14 year old boy will only come into the garage if he needs his fishing gear. Doesn't even ask what I'm doing. If he did not look like a mini me I would have him DNA tested. Absolutely no interest in cars let alone mustangs.

Can't wait to see your project when it's finished.

Cheers, Mal! It's been a long road but it's great to get some of these repairs closer to done.

I love that my daughter has developed such a keen interest. Ever since I told her some time ago that when she gets old enough, she can have my 66 Mustang, she has been keen to be involved. She's a tiny little thing for her age and always has her head buried in a book or is writing or drawing something. She's very clever and I'm very proud of her but we've never had something that just her and I get up to. I love going fishing with my youngest son, it's something we do together a lot. He isn't too keen to join in the shed, and I'm not going to force it. He does at times but comes and goes. So it is really nice to have Lily as a shed sidekick that is so keen.

She was helping me this morning remove an alloy ute tray and I told her over and over to watch her head while she moved around and under the rear corners. I lost count how many times I told her. As soon as we were done and she went back inside, I did it myself. Nearly knocked myself out and gave myself a good cut on the top of my head. If only I listened to my own advice. haha

My oldest two are the same as yours, Mal. No interest in cars at all. My eldest who now has his own kid can't even remember to turn his lights off on his car. He runs the battery flat all the time. And I've tried with my 14 year old daughter too but she's not keen at all. Oh well, that's how it goes.

Sounds like a great tribe. My boy is the apple of my eye, just isn't into cars. Totally obsessed with reptiles. We are out every second week till the early hours looking for snakes. Found a nice baby brown on Saturday. Luckily I like reptiles and enjoy the outdoors. Maybe our outback adventures need to be in the Mustang so we combine the two hobbies.

That's it, snake hunting in the Mustang! You might scare them off though when they feel that rumble coming down the road. haha

You can keep the browns though. I spend too much time each summer keeping them, well trying to, out of my yard and house. The joys of living rural.

bigmal likes this

Yep guys, summer at my place keep the browns and red belly blacks out of the yard .

Have a diamond python family that come in once a year, the are neat , no rats and even the dogs don't go them.

Btw put the headliner in tonight , looks great.

19 hours ago, MAC390 said:

Yep guys, summer at my place keep the browns and red belly blacks out of the yard .

Have a diamond python family that come in once a year, the are neat , no rats and even the dogs don't go them.

Btw put the headliner in tonight , looks great.

My boy would go crazy to see that diamond python. Would love to pay a visit one day when it's hanging around.