Ash

Ash's 69 R-code

Thanks, Lemon! Put some hours in last week and got it complete enough Thursday night to take away Friday for the weekend. It's not done just yet, need to do all the trim and put some windows in and etc. But it is enclosed, 95% sealed and good to go have some fun in. Was great for two nights at a music festival.

IMAG3932_zps11093cf9.jpg

IMAG3935_zpsce2dd0b3.jpg

You have been busy. Good feeling too when you try out a something like a gearbox for the first time and it works well. I like your work too by working on the wife's car while you work on yours. Wish my wife was into cars so I could do that as well. She did surprise me tonight though and say now the trailer is nearly done it's time to get the car out and start working on it again. Must have earned some good brownie points I think, ha!

Trailer looks kick ass, what a weekender!! Would be great for car shows too, like the autospectacular a willowbank for instance. Next one is April next year so it gives us plenty of time to get our cars done. I think once your wife gets a drive of that big block, she will be in love.

My wife is not really into cars, but she just loves that yellow coupe. She calls it the Pussy Wagon so I had some vinyl stickers made for it. Even got the number plates "PSY WGN" for car shows. Personally I hate the car because it really is a lemon. I can put brand new parts in it and it will find a way to for them to fail. It made me push the bastard home about 200 meters and it damn near killed me! But it does have attitude by the bucket load. Pulled up for an RBT stop early one evening in the city and the cop told me to "Give it some, sounds awesome" as I left.

Mike's right, Lemon. The coupe does look good! No wonder she likes it, it does look bad ass. If we didn't have 10,000 kids, well 4 really, that need so much stuff when we go where ever, my wife would be in an old classic too. She is loving the V8 Explorer though so at least she's driving something with some muscle.

April would be a good goal. An interstate car show I think has to be on the cards once the car is done. My car will be driven, lots, so it will be getting around.:yes:

My wife is not really into cars, but she just loves that yellow coupe. She calls it the Pussy Wagon so I had some vinyl stickers made for it. Even got the number plates "PSY WGN" for car shows.

You're married to Uma Thurman?!?!??! :tt1:

You're married to Uma Thurman?!?!??! :tt1:

Ha ha ha I wish! But seriously my wife is cool, she likes my toys and she pretty much lets me buy whatever I want too. But she doesn't like working on them much. In fact she helped me for the whole day to change over the suspension. After doing that she has much more respect for what I do with the cars and doesn't hassle me when I spend too much time working on it. And she has not offered to help again! I think she realised just how hard a work it is and how dangerous it is. Especially removing the looooooong stock front springs.

Mike's right, Lemon. The coupe does look good! No wonder she likes it, it does look bad ass. If we didn't have 10,000 kids, well 4 really, that need so much stuff when we go where ever, my wife would be in an old classic too. She is loving the V8 Explorer though so at least she's driving something with some muscle.

April would be a good goal. An interstate car show I think has to be on the cards once the car is done. My car will be driven, lots, so it will be getting around.:yes:

You need the V8 explorer with 4 kids! and some valium I suspect. :death:

Today I actually for the first time I think in almost 2 years, got the big girl out of the shed.

IMAG4188_zps3afe8d19.jpg

and into it's new spot for some sandblasting and body work. I still need to find homes for the last of the crap in this shed but she is out here to make a big mess.

IMAG4192_zpsd591dbfc.jpg

Cheers, guys!

I promise that this wont be the only progress in nearly another two years time.

I have to say, the little dolly I made for it and the 8 wheels it has worked a treat to manoeuvre around on my own. I even got it over the hump on the hoist with only using the floor jack on the 3rd pair of wheels. I only used the jack because I thought it'd be awkward if I didn't. The rest I just lifted it up and over.

Hey Drew, my plans will be that of the tight arse one. Ha, no, not that bad. I wont be doing a concours car or anything over the top. I want it to last a long time at doing just that so I want things right but reliable. Basically back to how it was but without the rust, lack of workmanship and dodgyness. I just want a solid driver as it will be driven. A lot!

Good stuff. Great to hear you are out driving it. That's what they are made for!

I have to say your car is very inspiring and I love how you have worked on it for so long with your Dad. I would love to do the same with my kids if a shell turns up one day to buy for them.

Cheers, Stangnet. That whole back section of the shed has been full of spares and all kinds of things for other cars for ages. Has taken me a while to sort it out and sell what no longer is needed.

I'm busting to get back out in the shed. I'm on Dad duty a lot at the moment but it wont be long until until I can.

The hoist was one of the best editions yet. I use it all the time, it's great. Makes life so much easier for all kinds of things. I can't get the full height out of it as my roof needs another metre or so to raise a car right up. Still, it's much better than rolling on my back trying to drop out or lift in gearboxes and diffs.

Cool shed and lift. As much as I like my self built shop and Mustang, they'll be around a long time. The young kids, that's another story. Enjoy them while you can, they'll be teenagers before you know it.

Bob

Absolutely, Bob. I'm Mr Mum at the moment, have been for a while. My wife is out of town a lot but that will back off around July and more so towards the end of the year when she finishes uni. I wouldn't have it any other way, it's great to be able to do school pick ups and drops etc. I missed all that with my eldest daughter, not doing that again.

Good to see things are moving again and life is treating you well. Keep the updates coming, can't wait to see it in new paint. That is a nice set up you have there too, wish I had it. Unfortunately lifts don't work very well on an angled driveway. :death: