Ash

Ash's 69 R-code

Good thinking process. I doubt too many out there would consider a nicely installed set of weld-in subframe connectors as "detrimental" to the car's value (except for the "chalkmark restoration" crowd).

And, with a big torque monster 428 up front, God knows the chassis could use all the help it can get! LOL

I'm yet to experience the real mountain moving torque of this motor. But for the short run I've had, I know it is going to be incredible. I've had a handful of 351's but I know this thing truly is an animal!

Here's some pics of the R/H pillar where the paint has cracked.

P2160010.jpg

P2160015.jpg

I'm yet to experience the real mountain moving torque of this motor. But for the short run I've had, I know it is going to be incredible. I've had a handful of 351's but I know this thing truly is an animal!

Here's some pics of the R/H pillar where the paint has cracked.

P2160010.jpg

P2160015.jpg

I have a feeling there is more than torque twist going on there. It looks like there has been a repair done there and not very well at that. But without removing the paint only time will tell. I don't think the subframe is going to solve this issue. I really hope I'm wrong.

I have a feeling there is more than torque twist going on there. It looks like there has been a repair done there and not very well at that. But without removing the paint only time will tell. I don't think the subframe is going to solve this issue. I really hope I'm wrong.

I have the same gut feeling to tell you the truth. You can see the low point to the top right of it. Didn't really have that close of a look until I blew these pics up and then went back to look.

Looks like it is just another reason to bight the bullet and strip it right back. So much for the "finished project" I purchased in hope of driving straight away.

Still, looking on the bright side, I'm learning every square inch of my car. I'm gaining something out of it at least.

I have the same gut feeling to tell you the truth. You can see the low point to the top right of it. Didn't really have that close of a look until I blew these pics up and then went back to look.

Looks like it is just another reason to bight the bullet and strip it right back. So much for the "finished project" I purchased in hope of driving straight away.

Still, looking on the bright side, I'm learning every square inch of my car. I'm gaining something out of it at least.

You have a good attitude Ash. None of us knew what was under the paint when we bought our cars. And if you're going to put the torque to good use those subframe connects will be a good thing.

You have a good attitude Ash. None of us knew what was under the paint when we bought our cars. And if you're going to put the torque to good use those subframe connects will be a good thing.

Hahaha, cheers RPM! No point being anything but positive hey? If I was going to get the shits with it then there is no point playing with cars as we would all have the shits when anything didn't quite go to plan. And lets be honest, with cars that tends to happen more often the not!

Hahaha, cheers RPM! No point being anything but positive hey? If I was going to get the shits with it then there is no point playing with cars as we would all have the shits when anything didn't quite go to plan. And lets be honest, with cars that tends to happen more often the not!

Maier is a well accomplished Autocross racer. Check out his cool little coupe.

And if that one didn't impress you... check out this one! LOL

Didn't catch these before, missed your edit.

WOW!! What is under the bonnet of that second clip?

Maier is a well accomplished Autocross racer. Check out his cool little coupe.

And if that one didn't impress you... check out this one! LOL

Didn't catch these before, missed your edit.

WOW!! What is under the bonnet of that second clip?

I actually have two mustangs like you. I bought a real nice mach 1 a few months ago just because I couldnt wait and found a clean original non restored car. I did have my brother in law over one night and he helped me post some pics of my yellow mach. You can find the thread by searching for " which wheels fellas" and there are a couple of pictures of my recent purchase.

Found it

http://www.1969stang.com/mustang/forum/showthread.php?t=10861&highlight=wheels+fellas&page=3

That's a nice looking Mach 1, must be very nice to see both your fastbacks next to each other! I haven't seen a yellow one like that out here. I too also agree with the black wheels, really suits the car.

I actually have two mustangs like you. I bought a real nice mach 1 a few months ago just because I couldnt wait and found a clean original non restored car. I did have my brother in law over one night and he helped me post some pics of my yellow mach. You can find the thread by searching for " which wheels fellas" and there are a couple of pictures of my recent purchase.

Found it

http://www.1969stang.com/mustang/forum/showthread.php?t=10861&highlight=wheels+fellas&page=3

That's a nice looking Mach 1, must be very nice to see both your fastbacks next to each other! I haven't seen a yellow one like that out here. I too also agree with the black wheels, really suits the car.

You do have a great attitude to it and you're right, you are getting to know the car inside and out. But I prefer to bitch and moan about it and then get in and fix it. lol

You do have a great attitude to it and you're right, you are getting to know the car inside and out. But I prefer to bitch and moan about it and then get in and fix it. lol

Hahaha, don't worry, I'll be sure to swear my lungs out along the way. My neighbours are elderly and quite deaf so lucky for them. Anyway, I'm on the spanners or tools most days at home so they should be use to it by now. :lol: I have a terrible habit of cutting my hands all the time, they bleed like crazy when I do it. My table saw bit back last time but it is usually smashed up cars that do it. Thankfully my wife is close by when she is not at work, she is a midwife so has plenty of things to stitch me back up. Has saved a few trips to the hospital.

Hahaha, don't worry, I'll be sure to swear my lungs out along the way. My neighbours are elderly and quite deaf so lucky for them. Anyway, I'm on the spanners or tools most days at home so they should be use to it by now. :lol: I have a terrible habit of cutting my hands all the time, they bleed like crazy when I do it. My table saw bit back last time but it is usually smashed up cars that do it. Thankfully my wife is close by when she is not at work, she is a midwife so has plenty of things to stitch me back up. Has saved a few trips to the hospital.

Even in the wosrst case scenario if everything you revealed got worse and worse there would still be a bright side, you'd have the meanest, fastest, funnest paddock bomb in the country! :tongue_smilie:

Even in the wosrst case scenario if everything you revealed got worse and worse there would still be a bright side, you'd have the meanest, fastest, funnest paddock bomb in the country! :tongue_smilie: