Mike65

Mike65's 69 Coupe build

EW31090.jpg

Panel flanger at CJ'S $43.00, or $41.99 at Eastwood. To get an acceptable flange I did it once then went back over it a second time. If you want any pics from inside the trunk to see how high the new quarter skin goes let me know & I will shoot a few. I also did some more welding at the seam from the old quarter panel to the new skin.

Thanks for the help and pics, I appreciate it. I would love a couple pics from the inside if possible?

I just ordered the panel flangers...not sure if I'm going to go that route yet but I like to collect tools and I know I'll have multiple uses for those.

Cheers

Lee

Edited by 69SlowResto

rwcstang said:
looking awesome mike! can't wait till its painted!

Thanks, I cant wait till it is painted either.

42832-welding-complete-r-s-quarter-skin.

So to get it a little closer to getting it painted I did more welding in the 90 + degree heat today.

Looking good mike, Looks like it lined up pretty good. I recall my body guy yelling alot when he was doing the rear quarter on ours...I do have a ?. How did you attach your rear deck spoiler without it sagging when tightening down?. Could you please post a pic of the underside of the deck lid.... Thanks T.Z