Mike65

Mike65's 69 Coupe build

Today I finished cleaning the rest of the sealer from the front windshield channel. Now I just need to repair a few rust holes in the l/s front windshield post.

I have not posted any progress in a while my wife & I have been dealing with some health issues (nothing serious). Over this past weekend I cleaned all of the bolt in window brackets & replaced all of the plastic bushings with new ones. 

Here they are all cleaned up & ready to install.

On 10/1/2018 at 3:00 PM, Mike65 said:

I have not posted any progress in a while my wife & I have been dealing with some health issues (nothing serious). Over this past weekend I cleaned all of the bolt in window brackets & replaced all of the plastic bushings with new ones. 

Here they are all cleaned up & ready to install.

59854-10-1-18-cleaned-replaced-plastic-b

My eventual goal is to upgrade to bolt in glass. How/where did you find all the parts? 

On 10/3/2018 at 9:08 AM, Johns Summer of 69 said:

My eventual goal is to upgrade to bolt in glass. How/where did you find all the parts? 

I purchased the brackets, & the glass used from a member on VMF 10-15 years ago. I purchased used window runs, & new repo window regulators.

On 10/12/2018 at 9:12 PM, Vicfreg said:

Hey Mike.  I knew a while back you had your engine at the builder, is it done...?   Hope all is ok in NJ, rough last month here in NC, rain, rain, rain....

Vic

Vic, all is ok here in NJ, we have been getting a lot of rain each weekend through the summer. I spoke with the re-builder a few days ago & he said I should have it back in a couple weeks, we had a setback with the engine & some health issues (my wife & I, nothing to serious) that have slowed the Mustang work. 

Now that the holidays are over I got back to working on the Mustang again. Yesterday was a mild 50° & sunny so I rolled the Mustang out of the garage & started welding up the 3 rust holes I found in the l/s windshield post when I removed the front windshield & all the goop that was sealing it. I got 2 of them done when I ran out of welding wire. 

100_1491_zpsaiif09xs.jpg