Mike65

Mike65's 69 Coupe build

Today I installed the circuit breakers for the dual cooling fans & ran the wires from the relays to the breakers & to the starter solenoid. Also ran the wires from the relays to the power wire for the cooling fan.

55903-9-3-17-installed-circuit-breakers-

Today I spent some time out in the garage & installed the EFI system fuel pump relay next to the cooling fan relays on the l/s front inner fender panel, added the Frost King duct insulation (as recommended by a couple members) on the inside of both doors, installed the window guides, & both window regulators. The doors sound nice & solid when I close them now.

56228-9-16-17-insulated-inside-l-s-door-

56229-9-16-17-insulated-inside-r-s-door-

Today I drilled the hole in the custom sail panels I made for the Coupe & installed the 69/70 Fastback sail panel light & did a test fit. Once the black vinyl arrives I will wrap them & reinstall them again to see how they look.

56302-9-23-17-custom-mustang-coupe-sail-

Hi Mike.  Good luck with the AAW install. I am a couple weeks ahead of you, so you can check out my pictures on my Convertible page.  As far a the wire loom goes, I use the convoluted loom like the one you posted on my 1968 coupe build.  For my convertible, I have decided to use a braided split loom.  It is just easier to work with and a lot more flexible.   There are a lot of places to get this stuff, but I have provided one site below you can check out.   I also like the way it looks. 

http://www.cabletiesandmore.com/automotive-sleeving-categories.php

On 9/26/2017 at 7:26 PM, Vicfreg said:

Hi Mike.  Good luck with the AAW install. I am a couple weeks ahead of you, so you can check out my pictures on my Convertible page. 

Thanks Vic. Yesterday I received the black vinyl I purchased & covered both of the custom sail panels I made for the Coupe.

56381-9-30-17-custom-coupe-sail-panel-co

I also cut out the package tray from a template that Bill (Chelby-Ann) kindly provided me a few years back.

56382-9-30-17-new-rear-package-tray.jpg

Yesterday I covered the package tray (I made) with black vinyl & installed it to see what it would look like with the custom sail panels I made for the coupe.

56508-10-8-17-made-new-package-tray-hard

Did a test fit of the trunk divider panel. Instead of using the sheet metal screws provided, I decided to bolt it in. Across the bottom of the panel I can not reach behind to install the washers & nuts so I am going to use rivnuts.

56681-10-15-17-test-fitting-trunk-divide

7 hours ago, Vicfreg said:

Hey MIke...going back a few posts....what fan/shroud setup did you use?

I used the dual electric fans from a 2000 Ford Contour V-6. You just have to trim off the stock mounting tabs from the shroud & get some "L" stock, drill a couple holes in the "L" stock to fit the holes on the radiator & drill a couple holes on each side of the fan shroud & bolt it together. It is a perfect fit for a 24" radiator.