Mike65

Mike65's 69 Coupe build

Hello all after being here for over 7 years & seeing other builds I figured it is time for me to start one on my 69 Coupe. I aquired the 69 Coupe back in 2001, & when I aquired the car it was being used as a parts car stripped of almost anything useable. It was missing both doors, the interior except for the dash, the engine & the trans were long gone, & was missing one fender. After 4 moves & one failed business venture I am back working on the 69 Coupe. The Coupe was originally equipped with a 302, auto, 8" 2.79 rear, standard black interior, painted meadowlark yellow, & built in Metuchen, NJ on Nov 26th, 1968. My plans for the car are to make it a restomod, 331 stroker, 5 spd trans, 9" rear with 3.70 gears, painted green with black GT side stripes & a 1970 Mach-1 hood stripe with the Mach-1 hood scoop, front & rear spoilers. Black standard interior with 1970 Mustang high back buckets, center console & Mach-1 r/s dash panel with clock. As far as wheels & tires the wheels I had on my first Mustang were Ansen sprint slotted wheels & I want those or the 68/69 GT wheels with BFG T/A radials 235/60-15's. The wiring will be completely redone using an American auto wire kit for the 69 Mustang. I will get some pics put on soon.
Mike.

Yes I have a fair amount of the parts. I have the engine but need to build it, have the 5 spd trans, but need a clutch pedal, I have most of the interior, I need a front spoiler, & all the trim for the exterior. Right now just concentrating on the body work.

100_0297.jpg?t=1320428909

Here is the pic from when I replaced the l/s trunk floor & the gas tank rear support panel.

Good luck with the build. Sounds like you got a good plan laid out for the car. Keep the updates coming. Its amazing to see these cars go through the working stages to the finished project....that is if they are ever finished. haha

Good luck!!!!

Great job so far Mike! Did you have to replace the rear frame rails too?

No the rear frame rails were for the most part in good shape with just a spot repair needed on the l/s rail.

Great job so far Mike! Did you have to replace the rear frame rails too?

No the rear frame rails were for the most part in good shape with just a spot repair needed on the l/s rail.

Today the weather was nice & the temp hit 50 degrees so I pulled the r/s door out of the garage & decided to remove the rust from the inside of it to get ready for the new door skin. I used 2 paint & rust remover wheels made by 3-M & got the rust off the inside of the door shell. Now I just have to prime it & get the door skin & install it.

Today the weather was nice & the temp hit 50 degrees so I pulled the r/s door out of the garage & decided to remove the rust from the inside of it to get ready for the new door skin. I used 2 paint & rust remover wheels made by 3-M & got the rust off the inside of the door shell. Now I just have to prime it & get the door skin & install it.

OK today we had a great weather day so I pulled the r/s door out of the garage & used the Master series silver rust preventer paint for the inside of the door shell. This is the finished product.

OK today we had a great weather day so I pulled the r/s door out of the garage & used the Master series silver rust preventer paint for the inside of the door shell. This is the finished product.

100_0369.jpg?t=1329592414