Mike65

Mike65's 69 Coupe build

Ok time to update since the forum went down, I installed the rear new 4.5 mid eye 1" lowering rear leaf springs, rear end housing, center pumpkin, tightened all the bolts, &  installed the Koni STR T shocks. 

54475-3-25-17-rear-housing-along-koni-sh

54476-3-25-17-center-differential.jpg

Sunday I ran the new metal brake line from the dist block back to the rubber hose to the rear end, replaced the rubber hose to the rear end, installed a new rear end vent hose, & both of the metal brake lines out to the rear wheels.

54510-4-2-17-installed-rear-axle-housing

Rolled the Mustang out of the garage today so I could clean the paint off the floor pans to get it ready to weld in the dual exhaust hanger reinforcement panels. Here is a pic of how it sat with the old springs.

54065-1-15-17-how-looks-today.jpg

Here is how it sits now with the 1" lowering mid eye rear leaf springs & the front 1" lowering coil springs & the Shelby/Arning UCA drop.

54692-how-today-5-6-17-new-stance-loweri

Today I installed the hydraulic clutch system master cylinder & the linkage under the dash from the clutch master cylinder to the pedal. I had to remove the brake master cylinder & the booster to get access, & after reinstalling the brake master & booster there is about  1/4-1/2" clearance from the clutch master cyl to the brake proportion valve & from the clutch master cyl to the brake power booster.

54796-5-27-17-clutch-pedal-linkage-to-cl

54797-5-27-17-clutch-master-cylinder-lin

Yesterday I made a small L bracket painted it black. Today I attached it to the flange where the cowl & firewall are welded together & I cut the hose to length & mounted the fluid reservoir to the bracket.

54819-6-2-17-hydraulic-clutch-system-res

Earlier this week I ordered the Ford Contour dual cooling fan unit & I received it yesterday. Opened up the box & a piece falls out, it turns out they just put the fan assembly in the box with no packing & one of the mounting tabs broke off ( which I was going to trim off anyway) & if you look in the pic the l/s corner of the shroud is broken & has a small 1" piece missing. I e-mailed the company I purchased it from & they got back to me today stating they are opening an internal discrepancy report which can take 1-2 business days & are addressing the packing problem so when they send me a replacement unit there is not the same problem.

54901-6-16-17-ford-contour-dual-cooling-

This morning when checking my e-mail I have a e-mail from the company I purchased the cooling fan from & they are sending me a new unit  & do NOT want the old one back & told me to dispose of it how ever I want.

On 6/17/2017 at 9:58 AM, Mike65 said:

This morning when checking my e-mail I have a e-mail from the company I purchased the cooling fan from & they are sending me a new unit  & do NOT want the old one back & told me to dispose of it how ever I want.

Sweet! Free spare parts.  Fan motors don't last forever!

I am starting to order some misc electrical parts in preparation of rewiring the car. I ordered a Ford inertia switch, RL44 relay, for the electric fuel pump for the EFI system, Jegs #- 10570 temp controlled dual fan wiring harness & relay kit, new starter solenoid, & I already received the pigtails for the dual cooling fans. All that is left to do is order the AAW # - 510177 classic update series wiring harness kit.

Installed the horns, & doing some test fitting for the metal trunk divider panel. Now I have to figure out where I want to mount the cooling fan & electric fuel pump relays.

55755-8-26-17-installed-horns.jpg

55756-8-26-17-test-fitting-metal-trunk-d