Mike65

Mike65's 69 Coupe build

Mike man all the work you do on that car makes me feel like a slacker!  Questions about your brakes.   I bought the same kit 5 years ago and the Calipers came green did you paint yours?  Also mine have these dumb little clips that you fold over to hold the pads in place.  It looks like your have a plate to do this.  Did you make that or order it separate or did that come in the newer kit?

Mike man all the work you do on that car makes me feel like a slacker!  Questions about your brakes.   I bought the same kit 5 years ago and the Calipers came green did you paint yours?  Also mine have these dumb little clips that you fold over to hold the pads in place.  It looks like your have a plate to do this.  Did you make that or order it separate or did that come in the newer kit?

I set myself a goal of trying to get it running & moving under its own power by its 50th birthday which is 11/25/18. No I did not paint the calipers, that is the color they were right out of the box. The plate as you call it is the anti-rattle clip & it came with the kit.

Nice progress. Are the rotors on the wrong side? Looks like you have the right side on the left and vice versa. Are they SSBC rotors?

Thanks Angel. In the assembly instructions it states the rotor slots on the outboard sides should radiate from the hub to the edge in a clockwise fashion for the passengers side, & counter clockwise for the drivers side.

Today I installed the lower dash assembly.

53768-11-14-16-installed-lower-dash.jpg

Nice. Any details on how you installed the handle?

All I did so far was bolt it to the floor. I sat in the drivers seat & put the handle where it would feel best for me, traced out the spot for the clearance hole for the cable wheel & the 2 holes to bolt it to the floor. I still have to make a reinforcement plate for the trans tunnel . There are 2 ribs across the top of the trans tunnel that are about 6-7" apart, I bolted the handle to the floor between them.

Today I installed the heat & defrost ducts.

53799-11-23-16-installed-heat-defrost-du

Coming along nicely, what springs and shocks are you going for in the front?

Thanks. I purchased from Open Tracker Racing what they call Performance Coil Springs.

http://opentrackerracing.com/product/performance-coil-springs-1967-1973/

For the shocks I am thinking about the KYB Gas Adjust shocks for the front & rear.

Slow and steady wins the race! Im going to try and do the same. How much time a day do you spend on it?

Most days M-F only about 1 hr, on the weekends if my back doesn't hurt 3-4 hrs. Now that the cold weather is here my progress will probably slow to a crawl, I will do stuff that can be done in my 1 car garage.