Mike65

Mike65's 69 Coupe build

Mike...nice job on the welding.    I did a lot of the same work on my 1970 'Vert.   Check out my Project in the forum called 1970 Convertible Restoration.  My friend Mike here in North Carolina is doing the work and he is the king of sheet metal and spot/rosette welding.  Lots of good tips there.  He also takes a lot of really detailed pictures that might help

Miss the shore and corn and tomatoes down in South Jersey.  Used to live in Blackwood.  Spent many a day at either Englishtown or Atco.

Regards,

Vic

Spent a couple hours after work today working on the Coupe, I  removed the steering column, & did a test fit of the l/s full floor so I know how much to cut off the l/s toe board patch.

53074-7-29-16-fitting-l-s-full-floor-so-

Bit by bit getting her done, doing great Mike !

Thanks stangnet33. Today I spent a few hours trimming the l/s toe board patch, & reforming the upper section to fit & drilled the spot weld holes. 

53096-7-30-16-trimmed-reformed-upper-sec

My back is sore today so I took a day off from bending over the floor & did some work on the dash. I had to modify the factory radio mounting bracket to accept the 80's era AM/FM Stereo radio.

53115-8-2-16-had-to-modify-factory-radio

Good stuff Mike ! How are the rockers looking on this girl ? 

Thanks stangnet33. The rockers are good I had one little spot of rust through on the passengers side at the back of the rocker which I fixed when I was replacing the r/s quarter skin. Today I spent a couple hours & finished welding in the l/s long floor & started fitting the l/s seat platform.

53146-8-5-16-finished-welding-l-s-long-f

Now that I am finished with the floors I had some small spots that needed attention. At the rear section of the l/s door post where it meets the rocker panel there were some pin holes & the metal was thin so I cut out the bad area.

53168-8-8-16-cut-out-small-piece-lower-r

At the spot where the l/s inner cowl side panel is welded to the l/s door post, the inner cowl panel was rusting through so I cut out the bad area.

53169-8-8-16-cut-out-rear-section-l-s-in

Today I cut out a small section of the l/s outer cowl panel where it meets the inner cowl panel.

53174-8-9-16-cut-out-rust-through-spot-l

I also made patches for the lower rear section of the l/s door post, the l/s outer cowl panel, & the rear section of the l/s inner cowl panel at the door post.

53175-8-9-16-patches-made-l-s-outer-cowl