Mike65

Mike65's 69 Coupe build

You're still progressing, Mike. Even if it is not directly to the Mustang, it's still all for the Mustang cause.

Is that your dog in the snow? Must be coming back to that time of the year again over there?

Ash,

Yes that was our Siberian Husky "Shelby" he passed away about 3 1/2 years ago. He loved sitting outside in the snow. Our new Husky we got as a rescue her name is Rosie. She likes the snow too. A few more months until the snow flies.

100_0457_zps564314a3.jpg

I was wondering where you disappeared to. Bigger TOOL BOX!! Arrhh!! Running 220 Line for your tools, nice break from the car. NOW back to work!

100_0524_zps42f4f6fb.jpg

Yes bigger tool box. No that is not my garage, I have to work with a tiny one car garage. I was also chasing a no start problem on my wife's motorcycle that was giving me fits, but I will be back working on the car tomorrow.

Mike.

55451-my-69-mustang-coupe-my-00-ranger-4

Rolled the Mustang out of the garage today so I could get at my table saw. I have to finish a desk I am building before I could get back to the Mustang. At least the Mustang got some sun & visited with my Ranger & my wife's Escape in the background.

Fun work, I remember those days. Did you get measurements first?

Bob

Oh yea Bob, lots of fun. Yes I measured side to side at every one of the fender mount holes, diagonally from both of the front fender mount holes to the rear opposite side holes, & side to side from the shock mount bolts.

Mike.

100_0596_zpsf3a8b01c.jpg?t=1391540499

Removed the hood & the r/s hood hinge so I could get at the r/s shock tower upper rear flange rot spot.

100_0597_zpsf96b9825.jpg?t=1391547537

After I cut out the rot, I started making the patch piece for it. More to come.

latoracing said:
Pretty crunchy, but not for long. I think this area for rust was standard equipment on most of these cars.

Looking good, did you get your battery apron back in yet?

Not yet, I wanted to repair the rot hole in the front of the upper shock tower flange first. I gt the welds ground down on the patch piece & now I am doing the hole in the rear of the flange. After I am done with that one I will be installing the battery apron. If the weather & temperature co operates I should be installing it within the next few days.

Yesterday I finished fitting the patch pieces I made to repair the rotted section of the r/s upper rear shock tower flange. Clamped in place & I will weld it in today, then weld in the patch for the r/s rear inner fender panel where it overlaps the shock tower flange.

100_0603_zps558e0052.jpg

55448-welded-r-s-rear-shock-tower-flange

Welded in the patch to the rear section of the r/s shock tower upper flange.

Welded in the patch for the r/s rear inner fender panel upper section where it overlaps the r/s shock tower upper flange. Also drilled the holes in the battery panel to get it ready to be welded in this week.

Looks great there Mike. Too cold here in Mich to work on mine. When it drops below 15 degree I don't even think about it. Been like that most the winter :(

Thanks, this winter here has been unusually cold too but when ever it is above freezing I get the itch to do some work on the Mustang. Its tough with a 1 car garage most of my work has to be done out in the driveway or I push the car 1/2 way out of the garage to work on it.

Nothing picture worthy, I put a few sheet metal screws in the new r/s inner fender panel to hold it in place so I could remove the clamps to test fit the fender before welding it in.