Sign in to follow this  
Jaded69

beloved 1969 mach 1 4spd project for sale

Well guys It turns out I am going to haf2 sell my dream 1969 mach1 4 speed project. I hate to let her go but Im in the military and I just recently received orders that are going to keep me out of the country for the better part of 3 years starting next November :hang: So she has to go. I have no place to keep her so hopefully she will go to a good home and someone who will fix her up! You can see the build thread I started with hopes of tracking my restoration here http://www.1969stang.com/mustang/forum/showthread.php?t=10867

Should be plenty of details there.

Price is $7,000 firm and ill be losing money on it

I am located in Central VA near Charlottesville

If that's your dream car, then don't sell it. Put it on a trailer and take it to some families town and rent a climate controlled storage unit. I say up by family because they won't get orders and move while your gone like your buddies at the base, and they can check on her every now and then. Put it up on stands, drain all fluids, spray some rust inibitor down the carb and take out the plugs and spray some more in the cylinders. Then, seal up every opening (tail pipes, vents, etc.) to keep the rodents out. She will be patiently waiting on you when you get back. I sold my 66 and 67 Mustangs when I got overseas orders, and I regret it still to this day, and that was in 2002.

If that's your dream car, then don't sell it. Put it on a trailer and take it to some families town and rent a climate controlled storage unit. I say up by family because they won't get orders and move while your gone like your buddies at the base, and they can check on her every now and then. Put it up on stands, drain all fluids, spray some rust inibitor down the carb and take out the plugs and spray some more in the cylinders. Then, seal up every opening (tail pipes, vents, etc.) to keep the rodents out. She will be patiently waiting on you when you get back. I sold my 66 and 67 Mustangs when I got overseas orders, and I regret it still to this day, and that was in 2002.

That is great advise. Hope you are able to figure out a way to keep it and have it ready for you when you come back.

And BTW, thanks for your service to our country!!! :thumbup1:

I would hold on to it as well. I did a couple of deployments in the last few years too and held onto my stang and I was sure glad I did when I came home. Go through the proper storage process above OR if you have a friend/family member that you trust who could start it up and run it every now and then.