Sign in to follow this  
maynard444

1969 big block body

I am selling a 1969 mustang sportsroof body. It has the big block shock towers. This mustang has been hit in the right side and in my opinion would be a good candidate for parts only. I could not find any VIN numbers on the car. If you really wanted to use this body for something it would require a lot of metal to make it straight again. One good thing about the car is that the frame, excluding the rear passenger frame rail, is relatively intact and in good rust free condition. No rear end is currently with the car, but it does have the heavy duty leaf springs on the back. It is also apparent that part of the trunk pan has been cut out. It could have had the staggered rear shock mount, I'm not sure. It also has the metal exhaust reinforcement plates attached to the trunk transition pan, though they are quite rusty. I'm guessing this was originally a 390 4V car or 428 based on the dual exhaust reinforcement plates. The quarters are NOT good on this car. I am unsure how much, if any, bondo is in the roof. All of the structural metal is there to make a coupe to fastback conversion. It comes with the door shell and dash seen in the pictures. The dash is bent on the passenger side, but someone may find some use for it. The steering column is there but it is not hooked up. There is no steering gear box! Pictures can be found at:

http://www.hkwco.com/1969bb/

I'm asking $400 for 69stang members. Im located about 25 miles outside of Louisville, KY in Ramsey, IN. PM me with question or requests for more pics.

Thanks,

Heath

Looks like the car is sold.

Unfortunately, on the eastern side of the united states there aren't a lot of good cars to choose from. The rain and snow make swiss cheese out of just about everything except for garage queens. My sister just bought a coupe from Missouri last weekend. I was surprised to find out that it didn't have very much rust. Just in the lower quarters and the floor boards. When she got the Marti Report (There wasn't a door tag on the car) I wasn't surprised to see the cars DSO was Los Angeles. I've never seen intact trunk drop offs on a mustang that came from the MidWest or East Coast.

Edited by maynard444