Sign in to follow this  
Big Secz

1970 Convertible

I've decided to sell my 1970 Convertible. It's time to let it go due to other financial obligations and projects.

I puchased the car in February of 2008 and am the 3rd owner. The car is an original Virginia car originally purchased from O'baugh Ford in Staunten, VA.

Numbers matching 302 (rebuilt 1yr ago with barely 1k miles on it since rebuild) motor was bored .30 over with mild roller cam setup and ARP rockers.

Numbers matching original C-4 Automatic transmission (transmission was rebuilt 1yr ago the same time the motor was rebuilt with a mild shift kit installed)

• Custom Boss 302 appearance
  • Mach 1 style hood scoop (this is an original '69 part)
  • LED sequential Hood scoop turn signals
  • LED sequential tail lights
  • Original 8" rear
  • Big block radiator (2 yrs old)
  • aluminum pulleys
  • Borgeson power steering kit (installed 6 months ago)
  • Manual 4 wheel drum brakes (brakes rebuilt 2yrs ago)
  • New tie rod ends
  • MSD ignition
  • 17" Chip Foose Legend Rims wrapped in Eagle F1 tires
  • Flowmaster Series 40 dual exhaust
  • Hedman shorty headers
  • Aftermarket Alpine stereo with iPod jack/integration
  • Top is 2 yrs old
  • Interior is in excellent condition with new original Ford tooling dash pad
  • New door inserts
  • New door courtesy lights
  • Aftermarket digital gauges for tach, water temp, and oil pressure

Car runs and sounds great. Overall exterior condition is in good driver condition. There are some small rust bubbles appearing at the base of the doors. There is one area that appears to have been filled with body filler at the base of the passenger side quarter. Paint has a few small chips in areas and the trunk lid has swirl marks. I still get a lot of compliments on the paint job. Engine bay was resprayed 1yr ago when the enging and trans were out of the car. Overall I get a lot of compliments on the car and have won many awards, including 1st Place at the National Capital Region Mustang Show in the 64 1/2 - 73 modified class, and 1st Place at the Central Virginia Mustang Clug Show in the 64 1/2 - 73 modified class.

Asking $17,000

I will be taking more pictures this weekend, but here are a few now. If you have any questions contac me Michael_J_Norman@yahoo.com

Edited by Big Secz