Sign in to follow this  
Jayru

JSWORKS.ORG - Website for my new Documentary/Car Build!

Thanks guys! I'm so happy to have finally gotten to this point. With all the bad luck I've had on this build, I was so paranoid something would go wrong, but she fired right up (with no leaks, etc.) and is running great!

Really appreciate the support I get here, especially because this is a Mustang forum! You guys are the best.

I'll be returning from Asia on 8/1 and Nashua is only about 30 min from me even without a turbo Z, maybe I'll try to swing by and meet you in person if I'm not too jet lagged, especially if I can sit shotgun for a spin!

I'll be returning from Asia on 8/1 and Nashua is only about 30 min from me even without a turbo Z, maybe I'll try to swing by and meet you in person if I'm not too jet lagged, especially if I can sit shotgun for a spin!

Sure! I'm there for the whole week (8/5 to 8/9), so just let me know. Would be cool to meet in person.

I think it's finally time to part ways with my 69 Mustang. I just don't use it. It's a waste to let that car sit the way it does. The most use it gets is pulling it in and out of the garage so I can work on the Z...

Been thinking of creative ways to sell it, and since I need to raise money at some point for my documentary project, I've been thinking of creating a raffle system (or a tier level in a KickStarter campaign) - where for say a $100 buy in - you're entered in a raffle to potentially win the car.

Obviously I would have to reach a certain number of entrants to make it worth it... But what do we think about this idea? Would people on here enter it? Looking for honest answers to see if this is worthwhile in exploring further.

Thanks!

Jay

Hey all, long time no post. Just stopping by to let you know that the new extended trailer for the documentary is up on the blog! I bare my soul for all In this one guys, and it's really true to what the project has become. Please like and share if it moves you, and let me know what you think.

http://jsworks.org/2013/11/30/the-extended-jsworks-documentary-trailer-is-here/

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Xhs_loEbHbE" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

Bittersweet day for me fellas. I've finally decided to put the Mustang up for sale. I'm going to use the cash to finish funding my documentary (which is getting close to wrapping production by summer).

I'd love to see it go to a good home with someone who would use it regularly. Please pass the link along to anyone you see fit. I'll definitely miss her, but I honestly never drive her anymore, and it's such a waste for her to sit months at a time collecting dust. I still plan to be a lurker on the forum as I'll always be a "Mustang guy" at heart!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221360925282?forcerRptr=true&item=221360925282&viewitem

Thanks!

Jay

Aw...I feel for you. Good luck with the sale and documentary. Very nice job on the trailer. Can you finish the documentary without the Mustang in it?

Bob

Thanks Bob. Yes, I've actually been editing down all the footage I currently have (so I can make sure I don't need the Mustang for anything else before it sells).

The film was always going to transition from the Mustang over to the Z at some point (as it's really what I was building to race). But if I'm honest, the Mustang just looks so much more sexy on camera than the Z ever will, so I tried to use it as much as I could for the film.

I never envisioned the story unfolding the way it did in the beginning, and the film has become a lot more personal than I ever thought, so both cars are really just a "vehicle" to tell my story at this point. But rest assured, there will be plenty of Mustang in it!

I really do appreciate all the support I've gotten from here over the past few years, this website (and everyone on it) are really great!

Well... She sold on eBay this morning. Guy from Florida used the buy it now option. I was totally shocked to see the email when I woke up this morning. I had no idea she would sell so quickly...

I'm so happy to have gotten my asking price, but I'm not going to lie, this is so bittersweet and emotional for me. I honestly shed some tears this morning. 6+ years and a whole lot of wonderful memories. Crazy.

Almost two years ago to the day I stood in the grandstands of Pocono Raceway, watching my first high performance driving event. As the cars whizzed by, I couldn’t help but wish I was out there. Last Saturday, that dream finally became a reality!

My Victory Lap

Just figured I'd check in with you guys. Hope all s well with you and your Stangs!

jsworks_pocono_z_3.jpg?w=614&h=344