Sign in to follow this  
Jayru

JSWORKS.ORG - Website for my new Documentary/Car Build!

Fellow 69stang.com members,

I know this is a Mustang forum, but I thought I'd post this here as we're all "car guys" in a general sense. The Mustang's been in hibernation for the winter (and mostly finished for now), so I've started on a new project. A 300zx Twin Turbo (road race) track car! Some may remember I acquired the car from my cousin a while back after a nasty wreck.

I've recently launched a new website/blog to chronicle my 300zx track build - also chronicling a Documentary film I'm producing/directing about amputees pursuing their dreams.

I'm a Documentary Film editor by trade, and an amputee myself, so the subject is near and dear to me. I'm also an avid car guy, and have built/raced various cars over the years.

I hope to inspire fellow amputees (and able-bodied people alike) to make the most of life and follow their dreams despite limitations. Info about the Documentary, 300zx build, Mustang, & myself can be found here:

http://www.jsworks.org/

I'll be updating the site regularly, and have a bunch of back dated posts to write up to get me to the point I'm currently at in the build. And don't worry, the Stang will make many appearances on the site! As a matter of fact, the trailer I'm putting together for the film will have a lot of the Mustang in it as it was filmed before i acquired the Z.

Please take a look around the site and feel free to pass/post the URL along on other forums, facebook, twitter, etc.

Any questions/comments are welcome. And i can be reached at jsworks.blog@gmail.com for questions regarding the documentary, blog, and build. Thanks!

Jason Schneider (Jayru)

Edited by Jayru

jayru, great work! i have passed the site info on to my wife, she is a nurse at a VA outpatient clinic and has the opportunity to meet amputee patients. i have asked her to pass the info along as she can.

thanks for the inspiration!! we all need it!

jayru, great work! i have passed the site info on to my wife, she is a nurse at a VA outpatient clinic and has the opportunity to meet amputee patients. i have asked her to pass the info along as she can.

thanks for the inspiration!! we all need it!

Thank YOU! It's much appreciated!

Very cool, I'll enjoy following along. You should put a brief description and link in your signature too.

So wow, 11 years old hunh, no wonder you are so skilled and capable these days!!! I'm curious if you were originally right handed before the accident if that's OK to ask? It must have been tough at such a young age, hopefully your site will pass along the needed inspiration to so many that can use the positive encouragement. One of my firends is a disabled Veteran who got bit by the Mustang bug shortly after I moved into the neighborhood and has a 65' now, I'll pass this info on to him and I'm sure he has many others he would like to share it with too.

Thanks Pak!

Yes, I was originally right handed. But I was very lucky in that I adapted quickly to using the left. The Doctors felt I was most likely ambidextrous and just didn't know it!

Most people need up to a year or more of physical/occupational therapy after a loss of a limb - I was out within a month. Again, very fortunate i was able to adapt so quickly. I also have all of my arm down to my wrist, so I'm really able to get a lot of use out of my right arm. It's why I've been able to do so many things. Again, just lucky!

New blog post up - Rebirth! - http://www.jsworks.org

Enjoy!

Thanks for the support guys!

In a word Powerful. I will certainly follow along and I think others will as well. Thread will be sticky'd.

Wow! This site has been great to me in so many ways over the years. And I'm humbled by the show of support! Thank you!

My first attempt at metal work on the car. Hope you Enjoy!

Metalwork Part 1 of...

Please feel free to post here or on the site if you've got more experience in this area after reading the post. Would love to get some expert pointers on what I've done (and what if any mistakes not to repeat).

Thanks!

Jay

My first attempt at metal work on the car. Hope you Enjoy!

Metalwork Part 1 of...

Please feel free to post here or on the site if you've got more experience in this area after reading the post. Would love to get some expert pointers on what I've done (and what if any mistakes not to repeat).

Thanks!

Jay

New post up on the blog - Suspension Part 1

This week I took a break from metalwork to start on the suspension. Installed my Ground Control Coilovers, Tokico Illumina struts, Stillen (gen 2) camber arms, and a 300 Degree camber kit. Placed an order with SPL for the rest of the suspension as well.

Can't wait to get my hands on the SPL stuff! They don't make anything for Mustangs unfortunately, but it's really trick stuff. Worth a look for the craftsmanship alone.

Question for you guys - the next few posts will be about making the documentary along with a profile of this amazing guy Jerod I met last year (who's a double amputee and mountain climber).

Interesting stuff (but not really car related). Are you guys interested in hearing about that type of stuff on here, or should I just post when it involves the car stuff?

Feedback's welcome!

Thanks!

Jay

Hey All,

Took a break from the Z this past weekend and attended the 2011 NASA Northeast banquet on Saturday. It was held in this really cool car club/museum called Avenue A Club in Newark NJ.

Check it out!

NASA Banquet (Avenue A Club)

Hope you enjoy!

Jay

Cool club, but ave - A in Newark is NOT a good area as areas go in Newark. Did you have one of these :tank: for protection? LOL.

Cool club, but ave - A in Newark is NOT a good area as areas go in Newark. Did you have one of these :tank: for protection? LOL.

Yea - I was a little nervous driving down there, especially since it was at night! But thankfully we had no issues. Definitely a sketchy area. Not sure why they chose to put such a nice place in an area like that?!?

Hey All,

New JSWORKS.ORG Build Post - Firing On All Cylinders!

It’s been crazy the past few weeks! Between the Z build, working on the documentary, and just working in general (to earn a living) – I’ve barely had enough time to sneak in a date night with my fiancée, let alone manage the blog.

So I thought I’d compile a sneak peek of a few things I’m working on to give you an idea of what’s been happening up to this point.

Stepped up and bought an HD camera for the doc (was borrowing one up to this point), waiting on some parts to get finished/shipped, but plan on putting most of the car back together for mock up next weekend and capture it on film!

Check the blog for more info... But here's a little car P@rn for ya ;-)

Full 2.5" Intake/Charge pipes with Massive side mount Intercoolers - Don't you wish we could run something like this on our Mustangs! ;-)

JSWORKS_Ashspec.jpg

Hey All,

New JSWORKS.ORG Post - Ain't No Mountain High Enough

This week I’d like to take a break from the Z build to introduce Jerod - a local prosthetic technician, mountain climber, and all around nice guy. Who despite the loss of both legs AND being a diabetic, climbs the highest mountains… literally!

(Sorry, I couldn’t resist the Velveeta on that one.)

I had the privilege of filming Jerod a while back for the documentary, and even went climbing through the mountains of the Delaware Water Gap with him. Truly an amazing experience, and something I’ll never forget. Hope you enjoy!

Jay

Hey Guys,

I'm super excited to announce the launch of my first teaser trailer for the documentary! I think you're going to like it - it's all Mustang ;-)

More info and future updates for the film can be found here - http://jsworks.org/documentary/

Please spread it around anywhere you see fit. I'm really hoping to get the trailer out there and create some grassroots interest! So share via email, other forums, facebook, twitter, carrier pigeon (joking) - basically any way you can!

Thanks so much for all the support you guys have given up to this point! It's much appreciated.

I hope you enjoy the trailer!

Jay

Hey All,

New JSWORKS.ORG Post - Ain't No Mountain High Enough

This week I’d like to take a break from the Z build to introduce Jerod - a local prosthetic technician, mountain climber, and all around nice guy. Who despite the loss of both legs AND being a diabetic, climbs the highest mountains… literally!

(Sorry, I couldn’t resist the Velveeta on that one.)

I had the privilege of filming Jerod a while back for the documentary, and even went climbing through the mountains of the Delaware Water Gap with him. Truly an amazing experience, and something I’ll never forget. Hope you enjoy!

Jay

Jay when you guys went climbing the mountain in the Deleware Water Gap was it on the Pa side or the NJ side on Mt. Tammany?.

Mike.

Jay when you guys went climbing the mountain in the Deleware Water Gap was it on the Pa side or the NJ side on Mt. Tammany?.

Mike.

We were on the NJ side. I believe it was called arrowhead? Not sure if that was the mountain name or just the summit. I'll have to ask Jerod.

It's funny, I drive through those mountains almost daily for over 10 years now and I don't remember the names! D'oh!