1969 Mach1

1969 Mach 1 Correct Hood Finish

I was present when my hood was re-painted, with the original paint, many years ago. It went on wet looking like a purplish blue color. I expressed some concern to the painter and he just laughed saying, "wait and see".  Sure enough, looked awesome when he was done. Barnett, that paint is still on my hood and it looks as black as any black I've ever seen. Color perception is an interesting thing!  

yup, blue purple but definitely looks black after a few coats . it is also slightly iridescent . very, odd .

I had an original a crunched original 69 Mach 1 hood that had been tucked away at a dealership since 79.  So it was original and not faded.  I had my paint shop duplicate the pattern and color from that hood on to mine.  Mine was a mess that was changed over the years along with cutting a hole in the hood....nice. 

If it would help I can post a pic of my hood, scoop and grille.  

19 hours ago, ralt962 said:

I had an original a crunched original 69 Mach 1 hood that had been tucked away at a dealership since 79.  So it was original and not faded.  I had my paint shop duplicate the pattern and color from that hood on to mine.  Mine was a mess that was changed over the years along with cutting a hole in the hood....nice. 

If it would help I can post a pic of my hood, scoop and grille.  

yes it would, but only if you can tell us exactly what the painter did, otherwise its more spinning of wheels...in a bad way

Hi everyone - Anyone else got a good picture to share?

I am about to have my 69 fastback M-code painted and have been debating low gloss versus high gloss for the blacked out hood and cowl.

I am going a dark gray and a little worried the flat black will be too much on the more modern gray color.