Sign in to follow this  
Jaded69

Your favorite 1969 Mach 1 color

I was thinking about how I would set up a 1969 Mach 1 if it were back in the day. Then I started thinking about colors. Pretty tough decision. So I figured Id post this up and see what everyone else thought! :thumbup1:

So if its 1969 and you're ordering a Mach 1. What would you order?

I always dug the Black Jade color. But since getting my FB I'm really starting to dig the Winter Blue Metallic. And, not to offend you 69Mach1 guys, but I have never liked the side body stripe. To me, it just looks cleaner with out it. But hey, I also don't like the rear spoilers either.

If we were talking 70 Mach, I definetly would go with Calypso Coral.

I did go in the showroom in 1969 and pick out the color of my Mach1, as I walked in, I saw a Shelby gt500 convertable in Gulfstream aqua and knew then and there that was the color I wanted so I went over to the salesman and ordered my Mach1. Geez, I did not know what those Shelby cars were anyway, all I wanted was the Mach.

Also in the showroom were Bosses, a little 302 and a 429.....one had too little a engine and the other would be a pig on gas!!! so I got the 351 4v 4 speed ??? Duh.

The car I have now is a different one, I restored this one and painted it.....you guessed it....GSA and added front and rear spoilers.

Guess ill go ahead and put mine up.

Make Mine Raven Black, Black interior, red mach 1 stripe, window slats and rear spoiler :punk:

Same here. It took many an hour to come to that decision. Probably subject to change, but ive stuck on that color combo for about 8 months. Flat black hood looks so awesome on a nice quality black paint job.:thumbup1:

I'm partial to Royal Maroon, since it was my first car. The 69 I have now is in the bodyshop and I hoped to capture that first car feeling. For some unknown reason, I'm starting to like Gulfstream Aqua. I need to make the same tough decision.

It'll be interesting what the majority is.

1st pic, my first car.

2nd what I hope for.

th_LastScan.jpg

th_1969-mustang-mach1.jpg

Edited by prayers1
smaller pictures

This is a tough question, there are a bunch that I really like. I actually really like candy apple red. Ford just got the tint of plain old ordinary red perfect. But I probably would order Lime Gold, just to be different! Tomorrow I may have a different answer though!!

69 Champagne Gold, 70 Grabber Blue for Mach's. When it comes to boss cars, coupes, GT's, verts, I have a different color for each for each year. If I just had to pick one solid color across the board of body styles, Royal Maroon. Each to me have a different appeal depending on wheels/tire combo, stripes, and shaker's. For example, I am not a big fan of Red in general, but love this look in Red only. The wheel/tire combo and shaker make this a favorite of mine, plain Red coupe, no shaker and styled steel wheels, not so much.

Edited by 1969 coupe