Sign in to follow this  
Dangstang

69 Deluxe Interior Tach bezel and Gauges

Selling 69 Mach Tach Bezel with gauges comes with all gauges grey face,new printed circuit and adjustable voltage regulator, and plastic window.Bezel will have to be refinished although no chips or breaks I have repaired small dents with plastic repair material and sanded with 800 grit. painting and metalizing will need to be done. gauges working condtion unknown other than the temp face plate is wrinkled, all other gauges look good and I assume they work.These will not be listed on ebay. Please send PM or email with reasonable offers.Best offer will be accepted.I will be away from home untill the 26th Jan and will be able to ship at that time.not sure what shipping charges will be, Im thinking around 40,00

I did not put a price because I am not sure what would be reasonable.If no offers look acceptable I will do some research and put a price.new reg ,printed circuit and plastic window cost me about 170.00.

Consider trades on complete Rim Blow Wheel

Bruce

Emails can be sent to bmcleod@mbbpower.com

Edited by Dangstang
More info

Did you buy these for a planned conversion? Am curious I bought mine and after modifying the harness plug, buying tach version alt harness, etc I think I should have just bought the hood tach and left all my gauges and wiring alone.

FYI most likely the temp gauge will not work. This is common, from what I've seen, when someone just swaps the cluster without changing the underdash wiring. The non-tach cluster has the Alternator gauge here, which has more amps going to it than what a temp gauge will. FYI

Thanks for that, I saw the damage and was curious what might have caused that. I had one guy that had told me he did that in a Mach years ago and relased the magic smoke.

Is there any other damage done when a tach cluster is plugged into standard cluster cable without the conversion?

Not that i am aware of. The only other gauge really is the fuel gauge, which is in place of theoil pressure gauge in a nontach cluster. I havent seen a fried fuel gauge but wayyuy too many temp gauges. Sometimes you can find a single temp gauge on ebay. $400 is a reasonable price even considering the fried temp gauge. If you dont buy it then will ;)

Looking at pics, it would appear the temp gauge guts might work from a non-tach cluster. The gauge face from the alt might physically be the same and only require painting and silk screening. Just a hunch, there will probably be something that wont make that possible. Will ck when I get home this evening since I have an example of each.

If you need theface refinished, ask the Tachman what he would charge. I have seen his 120mph speedometer on ebay that he refaced with the more rare 160mph (silkscreen) and the work looked nice. I dont think he is cheap but the temp gauge has to be cheaper with its face simplicity