Sign in to follow this  
TheMenace

69 Fastback restomod

engine bay primed, sanded and smoothed and then sprayed. i installed a 04 mustang v6 master cylinder on my original booster. i am going to hook it all up to a SSBC distribution/proportional valve and then off to the 2010 mustang calipers.

Menace,

Back on 1/26/12 I had asked you about which door skins you were going to use & how they fit, & you stated you purchased Dii skins but didnt weld them i yet & would post how they fit after you did them, but I have not seen a post about them yet. Have you welded them in yet?, & if you did how did they fit? I am getting ready to order mine & I am interested how they fit & line up to the reat of the sheet metal. TIA, Mike.

I love those wheels and looks like a good job on the lock actuators.

Thanks I always loved the 04 Mach 1s and wanted to put those rims on mine 69. I wanted a deep dish in the rear but i wasnt sure a 10.5" was going to fit so i just went with the 18x9.

looks like its coming along nice! I might have to look into that Mustang Steve brake setup. My car already has power disc brakes up front, but I would love to upgrade them

They are def worth it. I recently replaced the front pads on my brothers 69 and in the process I dropped one of the brake pad anti-rattle clip and we had to special order the whole kit and couldnt put the car back on the road for a few days. Eliminating all those impossible to find pins and clips was worth the price for the conversion.

ONLY bad things are that you will need to upgrade to a 17" rim with the Mustang Steve conversion and in order for this to work AND you need to completely replace your front disc setup and start from scratch with a front drum spindle and hub. the brackets require the front drum setup so if you do plan on doing this you could do what i did and sell your complete front setup and put that money towards buying a drum spindle setup off Ebay. it is all worth it in the end though IMHO

Menace,

Back on 1/26/12 I had asked you about which door skins you were going to use & how they fit, & you stated you purchased Dii skins but didnt weld them i yet & would post how they fit after you did them, but I have not seen a post about them yet. Have you welded them in yet?, & if you did how did they fit? I am getting ready to order mine & I am interested how they fit & line up to the reat of the sheet metal. TIA, Mike.

I just finished welding them up last week after i replaced the quarters. I can take a close up pic if you want but you can get an idea in the pics i posted how the lines match up. they look perfect. i havent completely gapped everything bc i didnt mount the fenders but between the door and quarters/rockers they gapped even. if you only need to replace the skins make lines that stretch from the outside skin and continue them onto the inside of the door so when you go to install the new skin you have a good idea where the old body line was.

Wow - it looks to be coming along nicely. What intake/carb are you going with for your shaker conversion? Also, what master cylinder is that you used?

i went with a Edelbrook Performer RPM intake with a Quickfuel 680CFM carb with vacuum secondaries. Its a really well built carb. My brother has a generic version of the RPM intake and Pro Form 750CFM carb with mechanically secondaries on his and is getting good results. the only noticeable difference we found was that i had a lot more throttle response from my setup than he did with his. we have the same engine (351w) and specs, bought it from the same engine builder too.

The master is off of a 2004 Mustang V6 without traction control. I was told i needed a master with a 1" bore for the 4 wheel disc conversion and that was the exact one i was told to buy. other people buy the master from a 80 something Lincoln but i was told since its longer you have to grind down the front of the master to make it fit between the booster and shock tower. i like the fact i dont have to pop off the cover anymore to check my fluid level. plus since i am going with a restomod it kinda fits in with the rest of the upgrades i am doing so it doesnt look to out of place.

here is where the shift handle sits. i went with a T5 conversion. i did not need to notch my tranny tunnel at all. it JUST cleared it. if it was 1/4" forward i would not have cleared.

I am installing a 05 mustang center console. making it fit was not to much of a job. i had to cut a groove in the rear to fit around the tranny tunnel, and then i had to use a hammer and flatten a the center of the tunnel to make room for the ebrake handle. i am going to have to make new holes for where the seat mount bc since i have the sport seats they are really wide and the seat rests right on top of the ebrake handle. i need to move the seats over about 1/2" inch towards the door to make room. if i had original seats i dont think there would be any fitment issues like this.

in the last pic i took the stick that goes on the deluxe door panels and cut them to fit around the cup holder and shifter boot. it will give it more of an original look when it goes back in now. i am also getting an OEM 05 mustang shift knob and boot. i have a Tri-ax shifter on there. there is little reach needed to go into 5th and reverse. its livable. i acutally would want to drop the shift knob deeper into the console so it barely sticks out. that is my goal.

i love the paint mine is almost exactly the same but gray on the top and black on the bottom with the red stripe separating them

do you have any pics of your car? i looked all over the internet when i was planning on doing the 2 tone and i wasnt able to find that many. i picked the bottom color out a while ago and wanted to do something different than just a Boss 302 strip kit which i originally planned on doing. i love the way it came out.

looks great man! glad you took lots of pics and did sort of a write up on the interior, because u was planning on doing the same console. i was curious how it would fit with the t5 swap

i took a few hundred pics lol. the console is a pretty good fit. i will post more pics once i start putting the interior back in but i had to dent in the tranny tunnel a lot to fit the parking brake handle. the only other problem i am going to have to fix is the fact that the console ends 6 inches short of the metal dash. i am going to fiberglass a filler piece and fit the shelby gauge pod in there some where. that will be in the next few weeks though