Sign in to follow this  
70mstang

Mustang Week 2012

Dates are out there for Mustang Week @ Myrtle Beach SC for 2012.

I'm trying to work it out with work to be able to get to go. I thought the week was the last full week in July which would have been perfect, for me at least, but this year it's the third week and I have a roll out of code to 18000 ATMs that week, SO IT COULD BE CLOSE.

http://www.mustangweek.com/news/showarticle.php?articleID=22

If anything I believe l could make the show, but I was really looking forward to all of the events.

Mustang Monthly just posted this, MW is big news :001_cool:

Pony Drive Schedule

David Turnbull is hitting the road again with his merry band of cruisers for the 2012 Great American Pony Drive.

Starting in Washington, DC, on July 6 and ending in Savannah, Georgia, with a party hosted by the Savannah Mustang Club on July 22, this year’s route takes the Pony Drive along the Southeast coast.

Stops are planned at Monticello and the Appomattox Courthouse in Virginia, Jamestown, and Kitty Hawk in North Carolina. The final destination is MustangWeek in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina on July 17-21, with a side day-trip down to the historic city of Charleston.

As with all Pony Drives, Mustang owners can participate for the entire trip or join in for just part of the fun. For more information and a complete travel schedule, visit http://www.ponydrive.us.

Read more: http://blogs.mustangmonthly.com/6771889/ford-news/pony-drive-schedule/index.html#ixzz1nooEWR00

Awesome! I'm registered for the show and dang it this year the car is gonna make it. Hmm ... didn't I say that last year LOL

The hurt crankshaft should be well on the mend next week. My engine builders said they'd rebuild the motor for me under warranty. So crossong my fingers I can get some good break in done before July.

A new event has been added =)

mwbanner2012.gif

-- Countdown to Mustang Week 2012 --

25 days 14h 28m 10s

clear.gif

July 18, Speedway Schedule Update!!

Mustang Week Staff | 06.16.2012 | 19:29:58

***IMPORTANT SCHEDULE UPDATE!***

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 – Myrtle Beach Speedway

The Mustang Week Staff are excited to inform you of the following schedule changes for Wednesday’s events at the Myrtle Beach Speedway! The Myrtle Beach Speedway is under new ownership and the new owners are going out of their way to make the venue better for all. The Mustang Week Staff has partnered with the new owners to benefit both the Speedway and all Mustang Week participants. New for the summer of 2012, the Myrtle Beach Speedway presents the Wheels of Destruction Thrill Show http://www.myrtlebeachspeedway.com/WheelsOfDestruction.html! This family friendly thrill show is like no other you have ever seen, full of flames, explosions, wrecks and racing! The show includes fireworks, stunt cars, freestyle motocross, bus racing, and much, much more! Check out this video of the show!

wheelsofdestruction.jpg

Now for the best part… as a paid participant at Wednesday’s Speedway event… you get to see the show for free! That’s right, after a morning of autocross, afternoon of speedway fun runs, and the ever popular burnout contest, you can then grab a seat in the stands and enjoy the Wheels of Destruction Thrill Show! That’s right; your paid entry to participate or spectate during the Mustang Week Speedway event will get you into that night’s thrill show!

Oh nooo! Dang my plan to park together will have to wait till next year.

Yeah I was looking forward to that as well. I am glad yours is going to make it down, and I will certainly keep an eye out for it.

Hey guy, I've never been to Mustang week, are there many classic stangs or just later models? I love em all, but I'd like to see some of the early Mustangs. Either way, my son and I are planning on going.

Bossed

Unfortunately I won't be able to attend. So if anyone wanted to Register for Mustang Week at Myrtle Beach and missed out because Registration was closed, I have two “Conformation Letters” for DISPLAY ONLY spots that I won’t be able to use. (Registration Numbers #641 and #772) These will give you a place to park on the day of the show, which is Friday July 20th. These are FREE to anyone who wants them. First come first served. Just PM me with your address.

Bummer jkskinsfan .. Hope someone can use those! I received my confirmation letter last week :clap:

After my coil failure, I think I'll be towing the car. While I'm there, I can find a coil anywhere, just don't wanna be on the highway if I burn up another.

Bossed, 100% agree with SM69Mach, the number of classics have been increasing year by year. Last year was pretty cool with some of the restomods that were there .. I think there were around 20 or so classics that were actually in the show but they were awful purdy! And lots of folks bring their cars but aren't entered in the show.

4 days till heading out to MW! Gonna attempt to drive the 400 miles with my wife & family in my support truck :winkiss:.

To combat my rear wheels from rubbing so bad when I hit bumps, I pulled off my 2 inch drop kit ... of course now the car has to settle again 'cause it's sitting about 4 inches higher than it was :glare: Hopefully it will come down to a reasonable level.

Gonna try to put lots of miles on this week and pick up some spare coils.

Had a safe trip down and great day at the Tuesday Meet n Greet. When I get to a computer will upload some pics. Got lots of luv from all of the folks walking around.I lookingforward to the rest of the week.

Update from Mustang Week. I took best 69/70 this year :). Maybe cause last years flawless Boss 302 was display only. But definately happy and one for the trophy display case. I had an endless train of folks admiring my car, I think that was the best part of the week. Pics to come after I drive her back to Ga tomorrow.

Congrats on the Win Ed, well deserved. The Boss was showing and he won Best Boss so your car was well worth the award. Congrats again and it was good to see you and the car in person

Hopefully mine will be ready next year!

Hey that is sweet to know! I didn't win by default! LOL There were some really beautiful cars out there:

[ATTACH]11795[/ATTACH] Think this will be my new Avatar!

[ATTACH]11796[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]11797[/ATTACH] This is the one that took Best Boss =)

[ATTACH]11798[/ATTACH] got a nice vid of this one doing the road course

[ATTACH]11799[/ATTACH]