Sign in to follow this  
tmd937

Shelby intake

wow thats awesome!!! i have been searching for a Shelby oval air cleaner assembly but when they turn up on ebay lots of $$$$ involved... a intake would be cool...

Just realized while putting a quick fuel double pumper on my 69 mach one that my windsor has an original 69-70 shelby intake . Not sure how it got there but glad it did.

i have been searching for a Shelby oval air cleaner assembly but when they turn up on ebay lots of $$$$ involved... a intake would be cool...

Are the original air cleaners made differently or better than the repro's?

I was amazed upon taking delivery of my Mach 1 to find it was running a Shelby intake too. Most of it is hidden under the Shaker, but the SHELBY logo is clearly visible at the front. I would imagine a 351 Cleveland Shelby intake is somewhat rare? It's in beautiful condition too.

I was amazed upon taking delivery of my Mach 1 to find it was running a Shelby intake too. Most of it is hidden under the Shaker, but the SHELBY logo is clearly visible at the front. I would imagine a 351 Cleveland Shelby intake is somewhat rare? It's in beautiful condition too.

they are not what you'd call super rare but they are fairly hard to find. you could buy them from any of the old Shelby catalogs back in the early 70's and there have even been repro's made of that intake as well, I think Blue Thunder actually still makes one now. I think the only way to tell if it's an original is if it has the Buddy Bar logo on the underside.

the really rare one is the Shelby 351c version for the Dominator carb, those are worth some decent coin, not that yours is worth chump change by any means, generally they run in the range of 350-500 bucks depending on condition. NOS ones like yours can go for almost $1000 or more.

Are these the Buddy Bar intakes that were part of the Performace Parts Catalog? I think these were dealer added parts or parts you could order and install yourself.

When we were at Barrett Jackson a couple years ago I picked up an aluminum intake, I think it says FORD on it, made by Buddy Bar and has a 351W casting number in it. I think I paid 350.00 for that and a 69 GT gas cap in really good condition. I think the intakes themselves can go for 500.00, it was a good day for the fat boy.

Thanks for the info. I guess the height of the intake is nearly identical to a stock 4 barrel intake, as my Shaker fits perfectly with the Shelby unit.

That is exactly the reason why I went on the quest to find one... Nothing like OEM fit!

Car is back on lift.... so, I went to flea bay and found this link. It is a Shelby but there are identical one's labeled Ford. Buddy Bar is the OEM manufacture...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-1970-SHELBY-GT350-ORIGINAL-INTAKE-MANIFOLD-/160442721410?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item255b21a482#ht_500wt_1143

Based on that asking price I doubt i will ever own one! Sure hope somebody reproduces it.