Sign in to follow this  
Boss302

Accessory Post Attaching to Fuse Block

So like many of the cars, mine didnt come with one...

mine:

sam0943n.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Im wanting add a few things, and would want to use that post,instead running it through the firewall, and connect it to the solenoid + with a inline fuse...

I found the piece: ACCESSORY FUSE BOX BUS BAR @ eBay

$%28KGrHqRHJCUE63%28+v,LsBO8rI1Dwug%7E%7E60_3.JPG

and now Where to put from the front view

69fuseblockaccysmall.jpg

But, from the back, how is it installed...

id like to tackle this in one day or sitting and not wonder or fumble around.

later ill probably have someone install a upgrade harness.

im trying to get this installed and then see about another blade fuse next to it like this:

287.JPG

but for now, just getting it properly installed, so i can use the cigar lighter tied into it ,and the gauges' lights..and voltmeter

i know i could run straight through the wall and on the sol.+ but would rather try this w/o having to do much if any upgrading or modding.

You remove the fuse panel from the firewall, then the bolt for the bus bar is inserted from behind. The one pictured is broken, however; one of the ears that holds the fuse is missing. I'd pass on it, it's unusable.

The part number in the assembly manual is C80B-14A033-C.

I paid less for a NOS one from Miller Obsolete Ford, I think he charged me $15 or $18. The web site says $6 but it's wrong, he doesn't update the price list. He's old-school and you can't order over the web, you have to call. You might find it cheaper elsewhere. If you go to the Miller site, search for 'bus bar', it shows he has them, part no. C8OZ14A033C

http://millerobsoleteparts.net/

Google's great. I found our buddy at West Coast Classic Cougars sells it for less than $10, used but good.

http://www.cougarpartscatalog.com/c8oz-14a033-c.html

Edited by 69RavenConv
added WCCC info

You remove the fuse panel from the firewall, then the bolt for the bus bar is inserted from behind. The one pictured is broken, however; one of the ears that holds the fuse is missing. I'd pass on it, it's unusable.

The part number in the assembly manual is C80B-14A033-C.

I paid less for a NOS one from Miller Obsolete Ford, I think he charged me $15 or $18. The web site says $6 but it's wrong, he doesn't update the price list. He's old-school and you can't order over the web, you have to call. You might find it cheaper elsewhere. If you go to the Miller site, search for 'bus bar', it shows he has them, part no. C8OZ14A033C

http://millerobsoleteparts.net/

Google's great. I found our buddy at West Coast Classic Cougars sells it for less than $10, used but good.

http://www.cougarpartscatalog.com/c8oz-14a033-c.html

sweet,thanks! i needed a part number...i just ordered a owners manual at MU.

i saw the one on the cougar site, but no picture....but miller sounds good.

i just ordered a bunch of stuff from Mustangs Unlimited, ill call them tomorrow and see...

i ordered a piece from MOP, $10 + $5 s/h=$15.

Im going to install it soon, that one on eBay is totally fake...

the one i ordered looks real..

img20120122141007.th.jpg

now i just have to wiggle in there inverted and struggle to remove the box and screw this in.

thanks for the help/info

Edited by Boss302

Glad you found one, they're getting scarce I hear. I see that Midlife (the wiring harness guy) is reproducing the yellow three-prong accessory pigtail that attaches to the bus bar if anyone is interested.

...what did this yellow three-prong accessory pigtail actually connect too, or serve as a purpose?

Was it for the Seatbelt light? Parking Brake light? those things..?

If its for those things, then i dont need it.

Yeah, it was the generic yellow connector you got (along with the bus bar) if your car came with any options. Not really needed as you can run your own wires to the post. I borrowed your picture that shows it.

69fuseblockaccysmall.jpg

thats fine...its not my pic anyways..

finally got it installed...

What i was worried about was the BuseBar, i THOUGHT had to be spliced somehow into a wire, behind the fusebox...

But...

after unscrewing the spring screw that screws the fusebox to the backing, i realized...

the stupid thing, just SLIPS on..hahaha

i was so frustrated, thinking..where to splice..where to screw...

and all along just Slip it in...

Oh well, now anyone doing the same will know...

the BusBar just Slips on,from the left edge and down in the groove for the fuse...then tighten the NUT from the back side

i used 14 gauge wire for everything, and for the Cigar Lighter, and VOLTMETER, i used a inline fuse with a 15 blade fuse for both..

now i got Phone Charger,radar detector, gauges working w/ light.

the BusBar just Slips on,from the left edge and down in the groove for the fuse...then tighten the NUT from the back side

Yeah, all it is is the other half of a fuse holder. It's hard to believe Ford saw any cost savings leaving it off, then having someone install it on an as-needed basis, versus just installing it on every car but that's what they did.