Sign in to follow this  
Flanders

which air filter cover...

Can some people post their engine bay shots, with non-shaker hoods? I'm in need of an air filter cover. Specifically, one that goes with my valve covers:

6A582-351_pJPG.JPG

(powdercoated black with polished alum fins + letters)

I like the black oval covers with polished fins and the word COBRA on them, but I don't want COBRA on my engine. I don't live near a performance shop so going window shopping is not an option.

Can I see some engine bay / air filter pics? And nope, I'm not interested in re-using the stock snorkel. THANKS!

That ebay lid looks a lot like the Canton Racing one I went with several years ago when I had the same dilema as you. I wanted to modify my stock base for Ram Air and find a new smaller finned lid cover which I painted to match.

NOV15_002.sized.jpg

IMG_0484.sized.jpg

Here's my original thread on it, there were a lot of good options at the time. If that ebay one is from Canton Racing they don't make them anymore and are hard to find. I really like the Rodworx one too, that was my second choice.

http://www.1969stang.com/mustang/forum/showthread.php?t=1701