Sign in to follow this  
miketyler

WTB: fold down seat for 69-70 mustang

I am looking for fold down seat for 69-70 car. Specifically I am looking for the three main floor panels. I have a set from earlier 66-67 but have decided to try and find a correct and nicer specimen. PM me if you have a set available.

I have front seats from a 1969 convertible in very good condition. There black with a head rest. I just picked up 2004 mustang seats for my restomod cause i wanted a 3 point seat belt setup. If your interested I will send you some pics. I'm looking to get 300.00 for the pair. Email me back at direct2dave@optonline.net. I'm located in NY out on eastern Long Island.

Good luck finding what you need!

I too would like to convert my car to fold down rears. What is needed to do a complete swap? Are the interior quarter trim panels the same? Do you just need the complete seat assembly?

EDIT:

Oops, a quick search online, and I found my answer....

http://www.folddownseat.com/69Conversion.htm

Edited by Powershift

All the odd and ends will nickel and dime you to death. Of course if you find a complete unit with all these things, you will pay the price. I have collected everything now and the three piece panel sets are fairly common and probably easiest to find. The correct one for 69-70 however, not so much.

Specifically, I would like to find a nice front curved panel that has the inset latches.This is the forward-most panel. I may just use the 66-67 set I have, just thought it was worth a shot to see if I could find a nicer correct panel.

Edited by miketyler

Good luck finding what you need!

I too would like to convert my car to fold down rears. What is needed to do a complete swap? Are the interior quarter trim panels the same? Do you just need the complete seat assembly?

EDIT:

Oops, a quick search online, and I found my answer....

http://www.folddownseat.com/69Conversion.htm

WOW!!! (LOL) I remember pricing original parts in the mid-80's and thought $150 was too much to add to my then 1970 Grabber fastback back then. :glare:

To be fair, I don't think Sam updated those prices since 2007. Some parts prices are the same today but values on a lot of it has dropped some since then. I got all original parts on mine with a few repro hardware bits and I think I have under $800 in it all. Still not a cheap endeavor but still cheaper than it may have cost you four years ago.

@miketyler

thank you for the info and folding seats i can put the seats back up if i have passengers right i am interested in them as well. here is a glimpse of my two front seats... i know bad shape but i want to fix up my car

I have the 3 pieces you're looking for, they came with a 69 GT FB I bought and since sold. I was looking at them last weekend thinking how nice it would be to get rid of them. I need to take a closer look and use the info posted in this string to see if they are 69. I also have a console or 2 and a bunch of other cool stuff.

@Russia - I havent looked lately but think I have seen complete kits using new repo panels and parts for around 1000-$1200. Take your time and piece one together I think for $700 or less.

@Very Fat - thanks for respondidng. PM me info on the panels!

Mike! I found this in our local craigslist - good price! $125, but crappy pics! Maybe it will be a good deal for you if he would ship it. Also, one just popped up on fleabay this morning. Hope this helps!

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/pts/2780518212.html

Keep in mind the metal seat back from a folddown is the same as the non-folddown. You just add the carpet and trim. You do need the third piece that is L-shaped, which I don't see in that list.