Sign in to follow this  
bsunds

window bracket part

anyone know where to find the steel braket part that attaches to the window and clamps onto the window run/guide channel on the driver and passenger side window. or what is the exact name for it cant find it anywhere. :surrender:

I'm assuming you mean item "222A56" shown in the upper right of the exploded view below. CJ Pony shows the "21496" plastic bushings as being available, but not the pot metal guide ...

http://www.cjponyparts.com/PLASTIC-WINDOW-GUIDE-CLIPS-SET-OF-16-1969-1970/p/HW998/

I may have a couple of these ... don't know if I have a complete set of "4" though. Would likely need to replace the bushings.

CJ also shows the guide rods as being available new ... search for their #'s DGRL & DGRR.

These typically break at the top mount, but can be easily be fixed by a little weld.

Doug

Did a little searching for you and here they are used at West Coast Cougars ...

http://www.cougarpartscatalog.com/c9zb-65223a00-a.html

In my parts I found 7 of them ... 3 have smaller threads for mounting bolts (appear to be 1/4-20) and 4 have larger threads (appear to be 5/16-18).

Some of the guide bushings are missing, but would swap around so there is a complete set. Might be able to dig up the correct mounting screws as well.

These don't appear to be reproduced yet ... if interested in any of mine send me a PM.

Doug