Sign in to follow this  
Topless69GT

1968 Shelby GT500KR - 9,156 miles

This car is not owned by me but I have seen it over the years. It was one of those stories too good to be true but it is. The owner was an 84 year old lady who's son bought the car and he died in 1980. It was rumored to have low miles but I did not realize it was under 10k.

I saw the ad for the estate auction in the local paper today. Below is the link to the auction data if someone has the cash. I am sure it won't be cheap. The auction is Sat Nov 5th at 10 AM in Plainfield Indiana.

http://www.auctionzip.com/Listings/1268135.html

I don't think I would restore this car, you are only original once and it would be a crime to do anything but refurbish this car and only replace what is necessary like the polyglass tires, battery etc. Aside from some crazing on some of the chrome I'll bet it cleans up real nice.

I don't think I would restore this car, you are only original once and it would be a crime to do anything but refurbish this car and only replace what is necessary like the polyglass tires, battery etc. Aside from some crazing on some of the chrome I'll bet it cleans up real nice.

I couldn't agree more. If this car is real, and it appears to be, you've got a Bob Perkins caliber original piece of history. And I agree with 50Dan, it'll go for 6 figures, easy.

It would be a sin to do anything except polish and clean that car, and very carefully at that. That is a true survivor. Bob Perkins will be fighting Jay Leno over that one. lol

That car looks to have 109K miles on it. Look at the buck tag...it has red over spray on it and looks to have been removed at some point. I bet someone drove the $hit out of that thing. Someone here said it went for $230K.