Sign in to follow this  
Silver_69_Coupe

Parting out 70 Coupe. Lots of good stuff

No Side mirrors.

The plan is to have a display in the dash with side view and rear view cameras. The Side view cameras will be in the front bumper and the rear will be in the lower valance. They should look like a little pin hole once installed.

If I can make it all work.

Or it will get side mirrors if I can't but really I think the hardest part will be finding the right cameras to do the job.

I looked at your project, it looks nice. Shaved doors, huh. Are you going to mount an aftermarket mirror?

I have strongly considered getting rid of my side mirrors too. However, I was thinking about having a wide angle rear view mirror. I believe I've seen them in race cars before.

Regardless, that sounds like a cool idea, and I hope it works for you. I like the look without side mirrors. I'm planning to remove my side mirrors, but keep and modify the door handles (slim fit).

I seen a 68 that someone converted the recessed handles off of a Toyota Celica to fit and it looked pretty good. I think if you google 68 mustang recessed handles it shows up.

I have strongly considered getting rid of my side mirrors too. However, I was thinking about having a wide angle rear view mirror. I believe I've seen them in race cars before.

Regardless, that sounds like a cool idea, and I hope it works for you. I like the look without side mirrors. I'm planning to remove my side mirrors, but keep and modify the door handles (slim fit).

Yeah that car is over the top for me, but that is the idea I'd like to shoot for. I can't figure how that handle works though...maybe you just push the whole handle in. I'm thinking bolt on that way I can modify it down the road. I don't like the first RingBrothers handle, but the handle that is on the Dragon is more like what I'm looking for. I sent you a PM, you got it right?

Edited by bschn140

Got it. I wish they would send a notification to my home email when I get a PM.

I looked at some Honda handles and they may work. You would probably want one with the door so you could cut out the mounting area also. Or you could just use a string :)

I am putting a remote control key-less entry system in mine. It will have a safety cable in the trunk. In case the battery goes dead. I will probably put in a way to lock out the remote also. So the only way to get it is using the cable in the trunk.

Yeah that car is over the top for me, but that is the idea I'd like to shoot for. I can't figure how that handle works though...maybe you just push the whole handle in. I'm thinking bolt on that way I can modify it down the road. I know RingBrothers offers a handle, but I'm not to keen on it...it's not really low profile. I sent you a PM, you got it right?

Got it. I wish they would send a notification to my home email when I get a PM.

User CP/Settings & Options/Edit Options/Messaging & Notification/Private Messaging

Check the box for: Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages

They are different but I have both. I pulled them out and put them on a shelf and thought I sent pictures but Nope. I will get them for you when I get home tonight. Thanks for the reminder.

Just checking to see if you've had a chance to take the pics of the heater case yet.

Thanks,

Dave

If I have it, It will be in a bin of hardware. A Bin amongst many bins. I will look sometime this week and let you know. I have a bunch of stuff stacked up against my cabinet of Bins. So It needs to be unburied first.

Hi Silver,

Does your parts car have the 2-prong cowl-to-hood ground strap pictured below?

I have 2 sets of spindles and hubs. The Drums and brakes were crap so they got tossed. but everything else is there. You may need to get the bearing caps they were kind of beat up. Send me a PM with your address and I will get you a quote with shipping. I will get you some pictures also.

I'm looking for both front drum spindles and hubs. Are yours drum and available?