Sign in to follow this  
CarZombie

Haunted Car

It is the scary season. In keeping with that, has anyone ever had a car they think was haunted? And no, I am not talking about haunted by mechanical problems; I am talking sprits, ghost, etc. If you got a haunted car story share it. Keep it real. :angel:

I had a 1972 Cadillack Hearse that I drove while in high school that I think it was haunted.

I was the the only person the car would start for....wouldn't start for my mom, step dad or any of my friends...only me (seriously). Never broke down with me (although it got gallons per mile as opposed to miles per gallon) - but if I started it for someone and let them drive it, the VAST majority of the time it would quit running on them at some point.

The car would also "moan" from the back area from time to time.

The car just always had a weird feeling to it when you were in it...don't know how to explain....it was just weird.

Fun car to have, but it was....well....weird...

I know you said no mechanical problems, but my 67 Mustang Coupe gave me a scare and my barracks room mate quite a stir one night. We had just finished watching the movie Christine late one night, and decided to go hit McDonald's for a late dinner. On the way back, the voltage regulator decided to go out, which caused all the interior and exterior lights to go dim the bright, dim, then bright. As you can imagine, this made us nervous for a bit right after watching that movie!

Don't know if this counts but I had a mate leave my place to go home late one night and came back 10 minutes later white as a ghost and pretty shook up. He was driving home and saw a flicker of movement in the passenger seat. When he looked there was a guy sitting there face covered in blood looking at him. He peeled his eyes away to watch where he was going and when he looked back he was gone. He wouldn't get back in that car again for another hour and I think we might have even drove it home that night for him. He was never the same with that car after that. Now I am not one for believing BS but this friend was usually a pretty reliable guy and not full of crap. And it was on a section of road where a pretty major single vehicle accident occured about three weeks prior. :eek:

Not really a haunted car story, but I was in a car when this happened. When I was 17 there was a dead end road that some of us would party at or do other things at. There was this girl that I used to hang out with and we went to that road to "talk." Anyway, we were in the back of a hatchback (not my mustang) with the seats folded down and if you looked up the hill you could see cars coming from a distance. Anyway while we were "talking" I would look up occasionally to see if anybody was coming, and I thought I saw lights. I'm facing up the hill, nothing behind me but trees, and the light I saw was coming from the rear view mirror. It was a little boy's body, in the white ghost-like form and he walked right through the middle of us and up the hill and disappeared. Remember I'm 17 and not finishing the "talk" is not an option. Needless to say, after the "light" I stopped the "talk" and jumped into the front seat with nothing on (sorry for the bad visual) and drove for a few miles before stopping. I'm probably not the only one something like this has happened to, but most of us won't admit it. Almost 20 years later, I still get chills every single time I think of this.

I got another one, but not scary (to me anyway.) You know how if you are close to someone and have known them for years, you recognize their scent when they come in the room without even seeing them? My dad passed away 14 months ago in Ohio. I went home for the funeral. About a month and a half later, while driving to pick up my kids from the babysitter, I could swear he was sitting next to me. My dad did construction work, and his particular scent was a mixuture of his aftershave, sweat, and cigarette smoke, and that smell was really heavy in my car for about 10 to 20 seconds, and I could "sense" that he was there. Now he lived and was cremated in Ohio, I'm in Washington state when this happens. He was never in this car, I wasn't wearing any of his clothes, and did not have anything that belonged to him with me when this happened. I wasn't scared at all, just kinda sad, and a peaceful feeling kinda came over me you know? I was kinda like he wanted to see his grandkids and me one more time. I was alone in the car too, and the windows were up.

I know, I'm weird.

Edited by jholmes217