Sign in to follow this  
mattwash08

18x9 wheels up front with stock style suspension?

I'm running 17x8 in the front with 245s and no tire rub. My backspacing is 5.72" with a 1" spacer, putting the net backspacing at 4.72. I'm not sure how the guy fits 17x9s up front and have it lowered that much without rolling the fenders. Mine just BARELY clear the UCA to the inside and barely clear the fender lip. I rolled the lips just to be on the safe side. Unless you want to play with fire I'd recommend sticking with 17x8 up front.

I'm running 17x8 in the front with 245s and no tire rub. My backspacing is 5.72" with a 1" spacer, putting the net backspacing at 4.72. I'm not sure how the guy fits 17x9s up front and have it lowered that much without rolling the fenders. Mine just BARELY clear the UCA to the inside and barely clear the fender lip. I rolled the lips just to be on the safe side. Unless you want to play with fire I'd recommend sticking with 17x8 up front.

it said he ad 18x9's not 17x9. I have no idea if that even matters haha. And I love to play with fire and try things that I'm not supposed to:blink:

The UCA ball joint is what causes clearance issues. I don't recall exactly, but I have roughly 1/4" or 1/2" clearance to the ball joint. The difference between a 17" and 18" is the lip moves up 1/2", but it still won't clear the ball joint. You'd need 20" or 22" rims to completely clear the UCA so that it isn't an issue. Here is a pic of my fender clearance

231-210411053754-7999604.jpeg

I don't have any pics of the UCA clearance on hand though.

Just be prepared that if you get 17x9 or 18x9, you may have to sell them and go to an 8" wide rim if you can't get them to clear.

I am running this same setup except for when I swapped to the Cobra Brakes I had to got to a 1.25in spacer to clear the UCA. My Fender Lips are rolled and have no issues. I first tried 18X9 with a 275 and had no issues until I lowered the car then there was NO room for the 9 in wide wheel. So I went to the 17X8. I did see where the OP in the other thread said he had some custom work done to the wheels, so not sure what that means or how that helped. But for direct bolt on, with a lowered stance, 18X9 will be VERY tight.

Here is a decent shot of the stance with mine with the 17X8 and 245/45 upfront.

phoca_thumb_l_dsc08851.jpg

SM that is the best pic I have seen showing yoru stance! :rockon:

I love it! and I guess thats just what Ill have to do, get the 18x9's for the front and If I cant get them to clear swap for 17x8's or have them narrowed. Whatever I get will be a used set of of craigslist so I is just a waiting game anyways to see what becaomes available that I like.

SM that is the best pic I have seen showing yoru stance! :rockon:

I love it! and I guess thats just what Ill have to do, get the 18x9's for the front and If I cant get them to clear swap for 17x8's or have them narrowed. Whatever I get will be a used set of of craigslist so I is just a waiting game anyways to see what becaomes available that I like.

Thanks Matt. I had thought about getting a set of the 18's narrowed as well, but looking at a different set up for next year, so didnt want to spend the money. Good luck and keep the updates coming.