Sign in to follow this  
MikeStang

How to replace Drum Brake Hardware Video

Thanks for the "how to", I watched it all. It was very helpful for people like me who know very little. I now know that I need more tools, never knew rum and coke was a tool but if you say it helps then I will try it. Does it have to be rum and coke or will a couple of Mic Lights work? Really, it is helpful and keep doing it. Get the A/C fixed so you can keep comfortable while helping us rookies out.

Thanks for the words of encouragement, and no it doesnt have to be rum and coke, as long as its more than 5% alcahol your golden HAHA....I wish i have a better way of filming so that i could give more close up views....really all you need is regular pliers, needle noce plyers, and maybe a hammer LOL.....all of this is stuff you can get anywhere, you dont have to have the handy little brake tool i had, i showed that in the video :)

Mike

I liked the Brake Hardware replacement video, I wish I saw it a month ago.

What happened to #10 1/4 panel replacement. That was great stuff as well.

I guess I speak for others as well, it's great that you took the time to produce those videos. Hindsight is 20/20. It's like being told when your a kid what to watch out for in life, but at 16 your a know it all. Having to see what actually is needed in the 1/4 panel repair really opened my eyes and you gave great tips on what to avoid.

Priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well thanks for the words of encouragement Prayers,

The #10 Video was basically just me tack welding it all in place, so didnt put much stock in making another video, i kinda figured if some one had followed what i had already done and Test fitted the panel, they could take it from there.

Well at least once i got the panel on, it fit so well that there was hardly any moving stuff around, it literally dropped right into place after i got the panel under the roofline area....then it was a matter of clamping the parts together, and moving stuff around very little, and Voila all done heheh....Car is at the body shop right now, they have just done some initial sanding on the new parts to find any waves or high/low spots, he said he found about 12 little dings, and low spots, and thats not too bad for having replaced EVERY body panel with the exception of the roof skin and one quarter panel and the tail light panel.....So all in all most of the aftermarket parts were just about a direct bolt on deal, requiring minor adjustments........the only piece i did any major work to was the rear valance, i never could stand how those valances would hang down and never contoured right, or had big gaps in them, so i welded on some rods to the edges to tighten up the gaps, and did a little rolling and bending, now it looks like its almost molded to the bottom of the car :) just takes time.

I plan on making more videos of other things that i do with the car, I just dont seem to get many hits on Youtube with my vids LOL maybe i need to name them just 69 mustang so they pop up easier.

Think the next thing i will do it the rear brake hardware....MAybe i will have better lighting and will be able to support the camera better so it will produce a better video.

When my car returns from the shop, i will attempt to document the installiation of my American auto wire harness, my aftermarket ac, engine and tranny install, window install Etc....

I really think everyone would apreciate a headliner video...i ave a guy who is the master of windo sealing and headliner installs.

Mike

Mike,

There are a lot of people on this site who really know their stuf, but theres a lot who don't and your vids would be benificial. I'm one of them.

Yes, I think renaming would help. If you type 1969 mustang there is a tons of different hits.

Keep up the great work, everything starts from scratch, before you know it, it snowballs and your running a million miles an hour.

Don't give up. I think it's a great ideal.

John