Sign in to follow this  
Pizzeck

A/C Kit Recommendation?

Looking for a complete AC kit for my 69 Convertible without factory air. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm not concerned with making it look stock. (I'm leaning towards Vintage Air but haven't heard much about the product).

I have been researching both the Classic Auto Air and the Vintage Air units. Basically both will do a great job of cooling and the installation seems to be straight forward with both. The vintage system has round center dash vents where the Classic system has a square vent. I have an A/C car but most of the system is missing. I will use an A/C dash pad with a stock center dash vent. To me it looks better. The controls for both systems utilize the stock controls or they have their own control unit that you can purchase. The Vintage system can convert your stock control to electronic controls, thus getting rid of those control cables. The Classic system has electronic controls but you have to use and purchase their controller. I’m still on the fence as to which one I want but I’m leaning towards the Classic auto Air system. Still want to call both companies with questions I have. Maybe you could look into it and come up with the best solution for you.

I haven't ordered one yet but I did call. Classic has come up with an electronic control for the stock controller. They have it almost ready for purchase. They are just completing the documentation. I'll be going with the Classic system.