Sign in to follow this  
Slick69

'69 GT Sportsroof For Sale

So I guess the big question is can it still be bought thru the forum for $22k?!?!??!?! :whistling:

I just finished looking thru all the pics and the car looks very nice, only two things bother me about it. 1) Why the roll pan does not have the cutouts for the exhaust tips and 2) to clean and detail a car so nice and then not take the extra ten minutes to remove the lock mechanisms and striker plates prior to painting. This is very common and you see it all the time but it's a personal pet peve that I just don't get or understand on any paint job better than Macco or Earl Scheib.

The Marti Report identifies this car as an H Code Vehicle, 351 2v. I think all 351 2v cars came with single exhaust, therefore no exhaust cutouts on the rear valance. The Sticker on the Air Cleaner says it's a 351 4v. Maybe the motor has been replaced and dual exhaust added.

The Marti Report identifies this car as an H Code Vehicle, 351 2v. I think all 351 2v cars came with single exhaust, therefore no exhaust cutouts on the rear valance. The Sticker on the Air Cleaner says it's a 351 4v. Maybe the motor has been replaced and dual exhaust added.

Or at least the intake manifold was "upgraded" to 4-V.

I also wonder if it can be bought for the Forum price... I sold my very stock M-Code GT for $20K in May. It was a very nice car with more options, and I felt happy to get that price. The eBay price doesn't appear realistic IMO, if the car wouldn't sell for the past year for $22K.

I like the white and blue...wish he was interested in trades--I'd like to have this one!

I get that, I don't get upgrading though and not adding the roll pan with the cutouts. You can always retain the original to go with the car like the radiator and fan etc.... To bother using correct rolled lip duals no less and then skimp here......just things that make me scratch my head and go hmmm.

Great looking car---but to raise the price $15k is kind of crazy.....

The current seller bought it from Slick69 and is flipping it for a profit. In the fine print he reveals the "former Texas owner installed an aluminum radiator", which Slick69 documented here.

http://myrod.com/id159.html

Interesting web site, the guy's a real car nut