rwcstang

Project Pegasus

AWESOME! ... glad you figured it out... car is looking great!:thumbup1::punk:

+1

Never a fun thing when you are not sure what the problem is. Glad it wasn't a terribly painful fix and wasn't worse case scenario.

AWESOME! ... glad you figured it out... car is looking great!:thumbup1::punk:

+1

Never a fun thing when you are not sure what the problem is. Glad it wasn't a terribly painful fix and wasn't worse case scenario.

so as Im about to record some spirited driving.. Im pulling out my drive way and i turn the steering wheel to get on the road and next thing you know i hear sizzling.. im like wth?! I pull back up onto the drive way and look under the car to find my steering ram blew spitting out fluid everywhere. damn...lol time to buy a new steering ram and some new hoses while im at it.

any one know where i can buy clamps that hold the hoses under the control arm?

so as Im about to record some spirited driving.. Im pulling out my drive way and i turn the steering wheel to get on the road and next thing you know i hear sizzling.. im like wth?! I pull back up onto the drive way and look under the car to find my steering ram blew spitting out fluid everywhere. damn...lol time to buy a new steering ram and some new hoses while im at it.

any one know where i can buy clamps that hold the hoses under the control arm?

Man that is a bummer! Steering hoses is one of my winter projects too. I'm not looking forward to it. I saw a few kits out there with all the hoses included so that's good. FYI NAPA might have a kit to rebuild the RAM. If your valve is having issues thought that is a pain to hunt down.

So last weekend I was test fitting Under Cover innovations Radiator filler panel. It's a good looking piece, only thing is you have to relocate your horns.

Im going to move the horns to the bottom of the hood latch where there are two holes. should fit but ill be posting pics soon.

5CF0C608-D3E4-46D7-8550-F18D87382776_zpsvleti7yd.jpg

m3547b_zpsb6ab8ede.jpg

So last weekend I was test fitting Under Cover innovations Radiator filler panel. It's a good looking piece, only thing is you have to relocate your horns.

Im going to move the horns to the bottom of the hood latch where there are two holes. should fit but ill be posting pics soon.

5CF0C608-D3E4-46D7-8550-F18D87382776_zpsvleti7yd.jpg

m3547b_zpsb6ab8ede.jpg

had a mishap with the fuel line adapter, guess I might've overtighten which broke the part of the adapter fitting. sucks! but got a replacement part from summitracing.

also got a early early bday present, hopefully i can get this done this weekend.

24C133ED-A4EB-4F39-999A-BBFF97C2DD60_zps

so as some of you know, my car was accidently hit a few months back when it was at a shop getting repaired. well long story short, the painters could not blend the paint and had to respray the car. The gentlemen's Insurance USAAA wasn't wanting to pay the full amount as only $1200 was a "Fair" for this type of car..so I had to create a claim CA Department of Insurance and after much delegation, they agreed to give more money to cover half the cost of the respray. 

So I went to a shop that was here locally and found out one of my old work colleagues has a shop with a good reputation and I never been happier. He prepped the car and had it painted. This time, I got the fender lipped rolled due to the tires rubbing and there was some paint issues but he's going to respray again to correct the problem.

anyways, here are the latest pictures:

IMG_7165_zpsyowh9377.jpg

IMG_7158_zpsij7due7r.jpg

IMG_7160_zpsbwdnidv6.jpg

IMG_7154_zpskq16kmrq.jpg

IMG_7148_zpsvhwyzqtx.jpg

IMG_7149_zpsx3ljil34.jpg

IMG_7150_zpsu0q8wwrf.jpg

IMG_7151_zpsrv6hn4xw.jpg

IMG_7152_zps4t5rjigx.jpg

Glad it's going back together as I've followed your thread a long time.

All these crash and crunch threads makes me want to leave mine in the garage now that it's running and it's not nearly as nice as most here.

Good deal it's getting done right though!

Stephen

Glad it's going back together as I've followed your thread a long time.

All these crash and crunch threads makes me want to leave mine in the garage now that it's running and it's not nearly as nice as most here.

Good deal it's getting done right though!

Stephen

I know how you feel, I feel like too many drivers are not aware of their surroundings and pay too much attention to their phones. it makes me gringe/frustrated that these insurance adjuster's think its easy to repair these old cars when in reality it is not. 

Owner sent me pics of the car being slowly assembled. They said they should be done by next week. so looking forward to finally picking her up and actually driving her... 

910CA460-02F9-4CBB-A77E-8E37A185B503_zps

33587BB2-6127-4688-A9A7-A3B41B3FDE2E_zps

^Reflection for the lights in the ceiling 

A6A84C13-80A1-4642-93CF-2D6DCC5AB497_zps

to be continued... 

Awesome thread!  Very inspiring to me. I have a base F code resto mod coupe project starting and I feel pretty low with all the Mach 1's , Fastbacks, Bosses etc....but. the hell with it, I think I can get something with serious attitude going.

Awesome thread!  Very inspiring to me. I have a base F code resto mod coupe project starting and I feel pretty low with all the Mach 1's , Fastbacks, Bosses etc....but. the hell with it, I think I can get something with serious attitude going.

yeah, dont get me wrong i wish I had a Fastback, but i grew up with this coupe, its been in the family for years (We are the 2nd owners). I was sick and tired of seeing FB/Machs/bosses taking trophies, lol so I decided it was time to make my beast give them a run for their money.. lol its not concourse, or full on show car, but she gets the job done. lol

any plans with ur car? 

yeah, dont get me wrong i wish I had a Fastback, but i grew up with this coupe, its been in the family for years (We are the 2nd owners) so i was always tired of seeing FB/Machs/bosses taking trophies, lol so I decided it was time to make my beast give them a run for their money.. lol its not concourse, or full on show car, but she gets the job done. lol

any plans with ur car? 

Well, I'm thinking Mach 1 hood scoop, chin spoiler, hood pin set, blacked out hood.  Overall color hmmm...... Blue or maybe the grey color of the new stangs called "Magnetic"?