Sign in to follow this  
h82lose

My Girlfriends 1969 Mach1

Can you give some more detail on your suspension & wheels?

Are you still running leafs on the rear?

Whats done up front other than the Shelby mod & cut springs? Are you running stock upper and lower control arms?

Whats the custom stuff you mentioned that were done to the wheels? I've never seen 18x9's up front without large spacers.

What brakes are you running?

Car looks bad a**

Jeff

Wow - how did I miss this one? Another member of the exclusive "315 club". I am setting up my 70 for these now and will be running about a 4" drop in the rear to try and get my 315's tucked in. I bought GForce 315's and your tread design on those MT's is very similar. Am rolling rear qtrs this weekend. Hope I can make these work for me.

This pic with the car squatted low like its going to leap out at you just motivates me. I could go safe with 15" but where's the challenge in that?

Mustang2.jpg

If you can get exact backspacing including spacers if used. I know they are 18x10 and 18x9 but the backspacing would be nice so I would know what to order for it to fit tucked in my wheels with no mods and lowered...thanks

Bump. What's the backspacing? Hellooooooo anyone there?????

Edited by 6T9rustang

I am so sorry for not answering your questions.

I'm busy in the garage... and i got married.. :-)

The wheels are for a 99-04 Mustang I dont know the backspacing right now. but y

i think you will find it online. The spacers in front are 25mm dont know how mutch that is in Inches... Stupid Swede :-)

I am installing a Rollbar in the car right now, and a TKO-600, Baer 6 pistons and 14" rotors, new steeringbox, some globalwest parts, new seats and some other stuff are on its way home from the US..

I apologize for not Answering your questions again. Sorry!

Thanks!! Just some quick detailer :-)

I always have plenty of that on hand! Congrats on your wedding. I call it my '69 now but my car was actually my wifes when I meet her. I knew she was a keeper. Before I meet her I had a nice 68 Torino GT fastback with a 390. I decided to let the car go after we got married ( no room in the garage), I do miss it but I have always been a bigger fan of the Mustang.

25mm is a little under 1" The Backspacing on the 99-04 Mustang 17x9 wheels is + 24mm.

I put 2007 Mustang 17x8 Torque Thrust style wheels on mine and I am using a 1.25" Spacer. The fit is very tight but the 2005 thru 2010 wheel has a + 43mm backspace.

I would not go with anything smaller than a 1" Spacer for either wheel. If you use a 17 it will rub on the upper control are when you jack the car up. but when you put it on the ground it does not.

NICE RIDE!!!

I am so sorry for not answering your questions.

I'm busy in the garage... and i got married.. :-)

The wheels are for a 99-04 Mustang I dont know the backspacing right now. but y

i think you will find it online. The spacers in front are 25mm dont know how mutch that is in Inches... Stupid Swede :-)

I am installing a Rollbar in the car right now, and a TKO-600, Baer 6 pistons and 14" rotors, new steeringbox, some globalwest parts, new seats and some other stuff are on its way home from the US..

I apologize for not Answering your questions again. Sorry!

I forgot to mention. I had to trim a little metal off of my up control arm to prevent rubbing on tight corners. I remove about 1/8" from the outside edge. This was because I am using 2007 wheels though. With 99-04 1" spacers should not have that issue.

25mm is a little under 1" The Backspacing on the 99-04 Mustang 17x9 wheels is + 24mm.

I put 2007 Mustang 17x8 Torque Thrust style wheels on mine and I am using a 1.25" Spacer. The fit is very tight but the 2005 thru 2010 wheel has a + 43mm backspace.

I would not go with anything smaller than a 1" Spacer for either wheel. If you use a 17 it will rub on the upper control are when you jack the car up. but when you put it on the ground it does not.

NICE RIDE!!!

Smooth. How does it do at the track? And does it run as good as it looks as far as handling and power?

We are doing some really nice upgrades this winter. So the handling is improved.

The car runs really nice,and fast as hell :-)

Awesome car! I love the FR500 wheels and the stance is perfect. One of my long term goals is to get the 17x10.5 version and have 1" removed from the inside for the fronts. I like the way the deep dish looks. 315s out back seem to be the way to go, so I'll have to start saving up for those now.