Sign in to follow this  
1969 coupe

69 coupe side scoops

I have seen a few cars like this, it still looks wrong though. IMHO if you don't like the stock scoops then the best looking options are to fill the recess like a '70 or add the Shelby scoop instead.

attachment.php?attachmentid=9435&stc=1&d=1314647929

I have seen a few cars like this, it still looks wrong though. IMHO if you don't like the stock scoops then the best looking options are to fill the recess like a '70 or add the Shelby scoop instead.

attachment.php?attachmentid=9435&stc=1&d=1314647929

Thanks for doing that for me. I agree it still looks wrong but I do think it is an improvement. I somewhat like the shelby scoop and the filled in (like the 70) but it still looks plain. Have you seen any other options on any other cars. I figure somebody would have put something else there ( I can't be the only one who dislikes it) from another year or model.

Thanks for doing that for me. I agree it still looks wrong but I do think it is an improvement. I somewhat like the shelby scoop and the filled in (like the 70) but it still looks plain. Have you seen any other options on any other cars. I figure somebody would have put something else there ( I can't be the only one who dislikes it) from another year or model.

I think you would pretty much need to have the body indent to use any other scoop, I can't recall ever seeing any other options used except to replace the full quarter with a fastback quarter which is a lot of work. I wen't with the Shelby on my convertible redo.

I think Fords thought was since the indent was not only filled but now actually raising off the surface that the logical thing to do was to also flip the faux vent.

I think you would pretty much need to have the body indent to use any other scoop, I can't recall ever seeing any other options used except to replace the full quarter with a fastback quarter which is a lot of work. I wen't with the Shelby on my convertible redo.

I think Fords thought was since the indent was not only filled but now actually raising off the surface that the logical thing to do was to also flip the faux vent.

Yes it does just bolt on but most of the ones I have seen have just 3 bolts attached from the inside, two at the top and one at the bottom so you would have to drill new holes. I wanted all my mod's to be reversible so I cut them off and put in 6 bolts that line up with the original holes from the stock vent.

You can find them at a lot of places now but they are not all equal and many do not even come pre-cut for the screens. I bought mine from Tony Branda and was very pleased with the quality and they were already cut too. Here's a pic of my car the day it came home from paint that shows the scoop, I have the Shelby rear deck lid and end caps too but I got those from Maier Racing.

New_Paint_008.sized.jpg

Yes it does just bolt on but most of the ones I have seen have just 3 bolts attached from the inside, two at the top and one at the bottom so you would have to drill new holes. I wanted all my mod's to be reversible so I cut them off and put in 6 bolts that line up with the original holes from the stock vent.

You can find them at a lot of places now but they are not all equal and many do not even come pre-cut for the screens. I bought mine from Tony Branda and was very pleased with the quality and they were already cut too. Here's a pic of my car the day it came home from paint that shows the scoop, I have the Shelby rear deck lid and end caps too but I got those from Maier Racing.

New_Paint_008.sized.jpg

Yeah I think that looks good on yours. I'm quite a bit away from all that but seeing what my options are. Does around $80 a piece sound bout right? Can you tell me more about the screen. Is that something you have to add or does it come with it? Are yours functional or just cosmetic?

Yeah I think that looks good on yours. I'm quite a bit away from all that but seeing what my options are. Does around $80 a piece sound bout right? Can you tell me more about the screen. Is that something you have to add or does it come with it? Are yours functional or just cosmetic?

I don't think I paid that much but I did buy them around 6 years ago. I'd have to check my receipts but I recall around $60 a piece back then. The screen is sold seperately but you could use anything really. All of the Shelby scoops are purely cosmetic after 1967, that was the last year for a functional design. It's very difficult to do with a rear window that rolls down, everything '67 and prior was fastback only from Shelby and a lot easier to do. You could make them functional if you wanted to though with some effort, I started to consider it but since I was taking every measure to keep my mods bolt on it didn't make much sense to hack thru the quarter and wheel wells. This was another good reason to use 6 bolts instead of just 3 since it only catches wind now.

I don't think I paid that much but I did buy them around 6 years ago. I'd have to check my receipts but I recall around $60 a piece back then. The screen is sold seperately but you could use anything really. All of the Shelby scoops are purely cosmetic after 1967, that was the last year for a functional design. It's very difficult to do with a rear window that rolls down, everything '67 and prior was fastback only from Shelby and a lot easier to do. You could make them functional if you wanted to though with some effort, I started to consider it but since I was taking every measure to keep my mods bolt on it didn't make much sense to hack thru the quarter and wheel wells. This was another good reason to use 6 bolts instead of just 3 since it only catches wind now.

BSwor (Ben) is the site owner and other Admin for the site and I'm glad you are enjoying it so far. It's certainly not the biggest or most technologically advanced place on the net but it's a quiet friendly family type place that most folks feel pretty much at home at in a short time. I'm a founding member at Stangnet and tried several other of the "All" Mustang websites over the years but I rarely pop my head in at any place but here now, this place had me at hello.

:rockon:

BSwor (Ben) is the site owner and other Admin for the site and I'm glad you are enjoying it so far. It's certainly not the biggest or most technologically advanced place on the net but it's a quiet friendly family type place that most folks feel pretty much at home at in a short time. I'm a founding member at Stangnet and tried several other of the "All" Mustang websites over the years but I rarely pop my head in at any place but here now, this place had me at hello.

:rockon: