Sign in to follow this  
TexasEd

69 Fastback w/ upside down 70 boss 302 stripe

Could someone try their hand at putting an upside down 70 boss 302 stripe on a Candy Apple Red (T paint code) 69 fastback?

I found a nice red 70 boss picture to donate the stripe here (second pic):

http://www.mustangdreams.com/1970-Boss-302.jpg

here is a decent picture of a 69 Fastback:

http://www.mainlymusclecars.com/sites/default/files/022_0.JPG

I think it would look best if the stripe was either just above or just below the line that runs from the fender through the door. The upper location would have the line run into the non-functional fender scoop. The lower position would have it run into the rear wheel well and possibly continue on the rear fender.

No Boss 302 letters and delete the script Mustang on the front fender.

Thanks!

Could someone try their hand at putting an upside down 70 boss 302 stripe on a Candy Apple Red (T paint code) 69 fastback?

I found a nice red 70 boss picture to donate the stripe here (second pic):

http://www.mustangdreams.com/1970-Boss-302.jpg

here is a decent picture of a 69 Fastback:

http://www.mainlymusclecars.com/sites/default/files/022_0.JPG

I think it would look best if the stripe was either just above or just below the line that runs from the fender through the door. The upper location would have the line run into the non-functional fender scoop. The lower position would have it run into the rear wheel well and possibly continue on the rear fender.

No Boss 302 letters and delete the script Mustang on the front fender.

Thanks!

yes, the vertical line would come up from the rocker area. I think that vertical portion and the transition to horizontal should all be on the front fender.

Yay, 100 posts!

Edited by TexasEd

yes, the vertical line would come up from the rocker area. I think that vertical portion and the transition to horizontal should all be on the front fender.

Yay, 100 posts!

Edited by TexasEd

Well here's the first option, wow was that harder to do than it looks. It's a bit choppy, I would have to mess with it all day to look realistic. Between the different lighting and contours in the fender it's hard to make it look like it wasn't drawn on paper and pasted on the car. Gives you an idea though anyway.

attachment.php?attachmentid=9429&stc=1&d=1314376254

Well here's the first option, wow was that harder to do than it looks. It's a bit choppy, I would have to mess with it all day to look realistic. Between the different lighting and contours in the fender it's hard to make it look like it wasn't drawn on paper and pasted on the car. Gives you an idea though anyway.

attachment.php?attachmentid=9429&stc=1&d=1314376254

Thanks.

Don't worry about taking it all the way to the bottom of the fender, just to the top of where rocker panels would go.

Is it possible to get the vertical part at the same angle coming up? It would be facing like this \ or like a backwards 7.

And don't worry too much about realism, this is just to see if I like the look.

Edited by TexasEd

Thanks.

Don't worry about taking it all the way to the bottom of the fender, just to the top of where rocker panels would go.

Is it possible to get the vertical part at the same angle coming up? It would be facing like this \ or like a backwards 7.

And don't worry too much about realism, this is just to see if I like the look.

Edited by TexasEd

This one was significantly easier to do with only one panel contour to deal with, I think it looks better like this too. You would probably want to dial it in a little better in real life though so it sat just above the rear marker light instead of thru it a little.

attachment.php?attachmentid=9430&stc=1&d=1314379031

This one was significantly easier to do with only one panel contour to deal with, I think it looks better like this too. You would probably want to dial it in a little better in real life though so it sat just above the rear marker light instead of thru it a little.

attachment.php?attachmentid=9430&stc=1&d=1314379031

Thanks!!!

That second one looks very nice and might be a possibility in the future. I would have to measure to see if I could use a stripe kit or have to get it painted on.

I might make this my desktop for a while.

:)

I really like that it looks like something Ford did but different. I'm not building a Boss 302 or a Mach 1 clone out of my car so I wouldn't want to use their stripes as is, but this adds some visual interest to an otherwise solid color car.

Edited by TexasEd

Thanks!!!

That second one looks very nice and might be a possibility in the future. I would have to measure to see if I could use a stripe kit or have to get it painted on.

I might make this my desktop for a while.

:)

I really like that it looks like something Ford did but different. I'm not building a Boss 302 or a Mach 1 clone out of my car so I wouldn't want to use their stripes as is, but this adds some visual interest to an otherwise solid color car.

Edited by TexasEd

that looks pretty neat - i like the idea of it.

if you go too high with the stripe, the car will look taller than it is. If you want a lower look, keep the stripe low. Just something i have noticed over the years.

I agree, I think it might look better in the middle of the door. If Pak feels like doing it again, great. If not, I got the idea and can run with it.

that looks pretty neat - i like the idea of it.

if you go too high with the stripe, the car will look taller than it is. If you want a lower look, keep the stripe low. Just something i have noticed over the years.

I agree, I think it might look better in the middle of the door. If Pak feels like doing it again, great. If not, I got the idea and can run with it.