Sign in to follow this  
MikeStang

Mustangs Unlimited....Continued BAD Exp

Gentlemen,

If you have had good luck with Mustangs unlimited that is great, but I have had nothing but problems with them...Started with them sending the wrong hood springs for hinges that they sold me....Then giving me crap about the hood hinges getting bent...Then sending 2 different hinges.....Next problem was wildow trim studs....They sent me 5 different kinds of hardware that was ALL Wrong....they told me to just keep it instead of returning it LOL.....And the most recent deal is this......I ordered a 4 core brass copper radiator from them, ONLY because they are the only ones who said they could get it....I explained what i was looking for...Simple just a 4 core radiator for a 69 with a stock 351W...they told me it would be a month....SO a month later i get the radiator...WOOHOO....open the box and its got the inlets and outlets in the WRONG PLACe, and the upper inlet is severly bent WTF....I call them and explain that they have sent me the wrong radiator after i have waited a month...they said so sorry, it will be December till we can get you the one you wanted....At this point i was LIVID....I calmly explained to them that THEY would find me a 4 core from some one else if they could not supply it, and it WOULD be at the same price....They called back and said Yes sir we can get the radiator you want ...it will be to you on 8/12/11....this is a month ago when they told me this....well i called them 8/13/11....they then proceded to tell me it would be next month 9/12/11 before i get my radiator.....I wont go into detail about what was said, but they are giving me a refund and i will NEVER USE THEM AGAIN....really ashamed too....they have a nice catalog, but their customer service and knowledge of these cars really SUCKS.

Mike

Gentlemen,

If you have had good luck with Mustangs unlimited that is great, but I have had nothing but problems with them...Started with them sending the wrong hood springs for hinges that they sold me....Then giving me crap about the hood hinges getting bent...Then sending 2 different hinges.....Next problem was wildow trim studs....They sent me 5 different kinds of hardware that was ALL Wrong....they told me to just keep it instead of returning it LOL.....And the most recent deal is this......I ordered a 4 core brass copper radiator from them, ONLY because they are the only ones who said they could get it....I explained what i was looking for...Simple just a 4 core radiator for a 69 with a stock 351W...they told me it would be a month....SO a month later i get the radiator...WOOHOO....open the box and its got the inlets and outlets in the WRONG PLACe, and the upper inlet is severly bent WTF....I call them and explain that they have sent me the wrong radiator after i have waited a month...they said so sorry, it will be December till we can get you the one you wanted....At this point i was LIVID....I calmly explained to them that THEY would find me a 4 core from some one else if they could not supply it, and it WOULD be at the same price....They called back and said Yes sir we can get the radiator you want ...it will be to you on 8/12/11....this is a month ago when they told me this....well i called them 8/13/11....they then proceded to tell me it would be next month 9/12/11 before i get my radiator.....I wont go into detail about what was said, but they are giving me a refund and i will NEVER USE THEM AGAIN....really ashamed too....they have a nice catalog, but their customer service and knowledge of these cars really SUCKS.

Mike

Wow that's a bad horror story... I've only used them once never had a problem. Was this the same person you spoke with The whole time when u first placed the order? Did u speak with a supervisor? You coudlve gotten a radiator at ur local parts store. It's better to deal locally then go back and fourth over the phone its a headache. Try mustangsplus I had nothing but good experiences with them.

Wow that's a bad horror story... I've only used them once never had a problem. Was this the same person you spoke with The whole time when u first placed the order? Did u speak with a supervisor? You coudlve gotten a radiator at ur local parts store. It's better to deal locally then go back and fourth over the phone its a headache. Try mustangsplus I had nothing but good experiences with them.

I’ve had mostly good but one questionable experience with Mustang’s Unlimited. I’ve been ordering from them since the 80’s when all they had was the one shop in Connecticut. I’ve also been by their shop near Atlanta a few times.

My one questionable experience was about five years ago when I ordered a set of 15†Magnum’s. I got the rims (4) and it was a couple of months before I got the tires and had them installed. I took the rims to a local shop and had the tires mounted using my wife’s SUV to transport the wheels. Once the tires were installed, I laid them out in the driveway and was cleaning the blue film off the new tires. One of the rims was bubbling around where one of the magnum spokes mounted to the outer rim. I immediately called the store in Atlanta as that’s where I had bought the rims. The first two people I spoke with said, “Sorry, once you mount the tires we can’t take them back as they may have been damaged by the installerâ€. I about went to the Moon when I heard that and demanded to speak to the manager. I explained to him how do you know if the rim is bad if you don’t mount tire and besides, it wasn’t around the rim edge that was leaking in the upper part of the wheel itself. He laughed and said you’re right but they tell their counter folks to discourage returns and I was right to ask for a manager. He wrote out an exchange ticket and e-mailed it to me. I ordered and bought another rim and then when I was in Atlanta a few months later dropped off the original defective rim and got my credit card credited.

Some of the younger (and older) folks that works there are not Mustang enthusiasts and especially classic Mustangs. I still drop by when I’m in Atlanta if I have the time and look and have continued to buy a few things in person, but most of my ordering for classic parts now days is from NPD.

He laughed and said you’re right but they tell their counter folks to discourage returns and I was right to ask for a manager.

That policy right there is bullshit enough to make me not want to buy from them. Every customer should be treated properly and with due respect, not just oil the squeaky wheels.

Everything and I mean everything I have ordered from them has either been wrong or of sub par quality lol,and then on a 400 dollar radiator I waited a month on just took the cake.....also don't be fooled and think they don't keep your credit card number on file....I asked if they needed my card number for credit and they said their other store had it on file, and they credited it....ain't it illegal to keep cards on file.

Mike

Now, it's been some since I've ordered from Mustangs Unlimited, but I never had a bit of problems with them (probably have spent a total of $5K with them). I mean I always went up to their warehouse just north of Atlanta...but never had an issue and the guys were normally pretty informative.

Don't know about the CC info. If it is illegal, report it.