Sign in to follow this  
DRASTiK

ATTN Coupe Owners - Rear Windshield Trim Ideas Requested

I know nothing about the car, found the pics online and liked the look so I saved them off. It looks to me like standard 70 trim.

In reference to Cramer's car, I wonder if vinyl top cars, in 70, got the 69 style trim?

A week or so ago there was a 69 hardtop on ebay that had the trim painted body color. IIRC, it was silver with a wide medium blue stripe down the center including over the trim.

I know nothing about the car, found the pics online and liked the look so I saved them off. It looks to me like standard 70 trim.

In reference to Cramer's car, I wonder if vinyl top cars, in 70, got the 69 style trim?

A week or so ago there was a 69 hardtop on ebay that had the trim painted body color. IIRC, it was silver with a wide medium blue stripe down the center including over the trim.

Mine is technically a 1970 coupe but it was built from an empty, gutted shell using a 1969 grande parts car.

So the trim is definetly not correct on a 1970 but rather from the 1969. But hey I was building a car for me and I like it, I had it...so I went with it :shifty:

Mainly posted to give everybody that needed it an idea of what it looks like body color.

Marc

Mine is technically a 1970 coupe but it was built from an empty, gutted shell using a 1969 grande parts car.

So the trim is definetly not correct on a 1970 but rather from the 1969. But hey I was building a car for me and I like it, I had it...so I went with it :shifty:

Mainly posted to give everybody that needed it an idea of what it looks like body color.

Marc

Here is my 69 Grande. We chose a dark grey colour for the trim in order to give a contrast to the body colour, but did not want black as it would have been too dark ( in my opinion ). Very happy with the end result.

082.jpg

Rocket.

Here is my 69 Grande. We chose a dark grey colour for the trim in order to give a contrast to the body colour, but did not want black as it would have been too dark ( in my opinion ). Very happy with the end result.

082.jpg

Rocket.

Thanks for the info everyone. Cramer did exactly what I'm looking to do which is use what I like on my car, instead of trying to be 'correct'. I have a couple of sets of the 69 trim, so I can always use that if the 70 trim won't work out. My car is totally stripped down right now, so it's the perfect time to do any modifications that may be needed for the 70 trim. Maybe I'll get lucky and won't need any?? Nah. That just wouldn't be my luck. ;-)

I'm going to try and find out what is involved in putting the 70's trim on mine, like the pics that Racer posted. I like that look much better for a coupe without a vinyl top.

Thanks for the info everyone. Cramer did exactly what I'm looking to do which is use what I like on my car, instead of trying to be 'correct'. I have a couple of sets of the 69 trim, so I can always use that if the 70 trim won't work out. My car is totally stripped down right now, so it's the perfect time to do any modifications that may be needed for the 70 trim. Maybe I'll get lucky and won't need any?? Nah. That just wouldn't be my luck. ;-)

I'm going to try and find out what is involved in putting the 70's trim on mine, like the pics that Racer posted. I like that look much better for a coupe without a vinyl top.

post up your progress... what works... what doesn't... i have the 69 trim for mine painted flat black .. same as hood black out... but am interested to see how your 70 mods turn out... maybe it would also keep the water from standing under the trim etc.. drain a different way instead of towards the seam.

:rockon:

post up your progress... what works... what doesn't... i have the 69 trim for mine painted flat black .. same as hood black out... but am interested to see how your 70 mods turn out... maybe it would also keep the water from standing under the trim etc.. drain a different way instead of towards the seam.

:rockon: