Sign in to follow this  
82stangracer

To Tint or Not

To tint or not to tint?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. To tint or not to tint?

• Tint
    • No Tint

I put 20% on mine. I get a lot of compliments on it, and have turned people who hate tint, into lovers : )

You're right 20% doesn't look that bad at all. I am only leaning towards 35% bc at shows when I park I don't want people cupping their face on my windows to see my interior if the tints are to dark.

Like your trunk release handle, looks really good. I put an electric one in my glovebox from a late model mustang.

THANK YOU for the poll!!

I put 20% on mine. I get a lot of compliments on it, and have turned people who hate tint, into lovers : )

It looks good, though it looks lighter than 20. I put 20 on my wife's '02 and you can only see through the sides when it's sunny and you can't see through the back.

leaning towards 35% bc at shows when I park I don't want people cupping their face on my windows

Lol.

I had 35% all around and liked it. But now that I'm redoing the car, I'm going to put 20%. Here's a link to my thread and some pics. You can still see the driver at night through 35%.

http://www.1969stang.com/mustang/forum/showthread.php?t=8224&page=6

If I do, I will at least go 20%

You're right 20% doesn't look that bad at all. I am only leaning towards 35% bc at shows when I park I don't want people cupping their face on my windows to see my interior if the tints are to dark.

Like your trunk release handle, looks really good. I put an electric one in my glovebox from a late model mustang.

Thanks! I got the trunk release at mustangs plus.

I can see why you would go lighter. I went pretty dark to try and match the darkness of the cars paint. I don't go to shows, so it doesn't matter to me if people can see inside it or not.

It really depends on the paint job on the car as to which tint looks best in my opinion.

A Black or red, or dark green or dark blue looks AWESOME with tint....When mine is done green i will be putting 5% on the back and 15% one the sides, and probably at least an 8" Strip on the front window in 5%....Yes i know its illegal, but whose going to give you a ticket for dark tint on such a bad ass car right?

I have 15% on my 2011 Tundra on the front, sides and back, and have about a 12" Strip of five on the front...I can take a pic if you want to see how dark it is....IMHO i dont think its too dark really, especially in the day time.

Mike