Sign in to follow this  
Powershift

My '70 Mach

Gun shop??? First I've heard of that, do tell!

Yep, about 3 months ago I decided to retire from 7 years of over seas contract work. Around the same time, my local gun store was about to go on the market. I pulled the trigger about 2 months ago (pun intended), and purchased it! So, my free time has become somewhat non existent while I make some major changes.

Oh, and if anyone is interested... here is the store's Facebook page. We are still building an actual website.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=tacti-cool%20guns%20%26%20gear&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CE8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FTactiCoolGunsGearInc&ei=CXwJUOrkLcK02gX8m6GvBw&usg=AFQjCNEf8w4RCcBg14R9VSoxaIShieVX7A

Edited by Powershift

^^ Cool. I didn't think it was legal to sell guns in California any more. (I'm a native of Orange County.)

Break a leg with that new business!

HA HA!

I have out of state customers who wander into the store. They almost all say "Sucks you guys can't have real guns here". It's then I point out the weapons on my store wall.... AR15s, AK47s, Benelli M4s, 338 Lapua sniper rifles, etc.

Yes, we have dumb laws. But, a Bullet Button/Raddlock isn't all that bad.

Here is my shop's Facebook page. You tell me, does it look like we can't get "good guns" LOL

https://m.facebook.com/TactiCoolGunsGearInc?id=428860017135140&refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FTactiCoolGunsGearInc&_rdr

Edited by Powershift

Yes, more updates! Having been away from this forum for several years, I just spotted thread and spent the last hour going through it. An hour well spent... more entertaining and interesting than anything on netflix right now. Anyway, great car, great build. It's nice to see a lot of us '70 Mach owners share a similar bent with our cars... you've built abetter version of the car I started trying to build when I got mine in '88 when I was 15. 26 years later and mine still ain't even close, but I'm glad to have yours for continued inspiration.

Well, with my store being so busy I haven't had a chance to touch the Mach 1. For the last two years she's only been driven a handful of times, and the 408w and 5 speed still haven't made it into the car. They sit along side her still in the garage!

If anyone is looking for a great Mach, she will be going up for sale. I just don't have the time to play with the car, and feel it should go to an owner with more time.

$35,000 and she goes to a new home.

Tearing out the fuel system next. 1/2" feed going in it's place. Already have a RobbMc 1/2 in tank pick-up, and inline pump, 1/2" aluminum feed line, a few hundred bucks in -8 black fittings, a few sections of braided 1/2" hose, and a bulk head fitting into the engine compartment.

Yep, it was for sale due to my personal life being non existent since opening a gun shop. Fortunately for me, a badass hot rod shop moved in right next door to my shop nearly a year ago. I quickly became good friends with the shop owner. When I recently informed him of my decision to sell the Mach, he said "horse shit, get that damn car, and engine, over here. You and I will knock out the swap in two days." And poof,we did it.

The car is back at my house to finish up the last few items. I'm fabricating new radiator mounts now for my custom built cross flow radiator.

33o1xg6.jpg