Sign in to follow this  
Powershift

My '70 Mach

I have those same seats in my 69 and love them! The only problem I have had with them are that they dont seem to go back as far as my originals and being that I'm 6'3" it makes it alittle hard to get in and out of. Are you doing the rear seat as well to match the Scat?

I have those same seats in my 69 and love them! The only problem I have had with them are that they dont seem to go back as far as my originals and being that I'm 6'3" it makes it alittle hard to get in and out of. Are you doing the rear seat as well to match the Scat?

Did you try swapping ends with the bracket, which bolts to the floor, under the seat tracks? It appears to have more "set back" on one end over the other. If I was home right now I would shoot a pic of the bracket for you. I'm in LA for the weekend, to attend the "Fabulous Fords Forever" show at Knotts Berry Farm.

Edited by Powershift

Did you try swapping ends with the bracket, which bolts to the floor, under the seat tracks? It appears to have more "set back" on one end over the other. If I was home right now I would shoot a pic of the bracket for you. I'm in LA for the weekend, to attend the "Fabulous Fords Forever" show at Knotts Berry Farm.

No I haven't tried that yet. Once I get the car rolling again I will have to check that out. Nice build though man it looks great! Snap some pics at the show! :clap:

No I haven't tried that yet. Once I get the car rolling again I will have to check that out. Nice build though man it looks great! Snap some pics at the show! :clap:

Here ya go.... pics of the seat mounting bracket in two different positions.

One end of the bracket has 1" of overhang for the end of the seat to mount into. The other end has about 2.5" overhang for the seat mount. Depending on how you orient the bracket, you can add another 1.5" of forward or backward seat movement.

2.5" overhang to the front...

wirblz.jpg

2.5" overhang to the rear...

20rl8bn.jpg

Since I'm 6 01" I opted to mount the added overhang to the rear, to give me a bit more leg room too...

a6x4.jpg

AHA! I didn't really pay attention when I installed mine. I check and I can flip them around for more clearance like you are saying. Thanks man.

And Yeah they offer good lumbar support. I could drive in those seats for hours on end with no aches.

Got the brakes done today, and took it for a quick test drive around the block. I'll properly bed the pads tomorrow.

Fronts...

rutnbm.jpg

Rears...

2iksajs.jpg

A shot of both Scat Pro Car seats installed...

desdxj.jpg

And, I finally found a place to make me some 3" racing lug nuts to fit my Vintage 48 wheels! I should have the full set tomorrow. They are made of T6 6061 Aluminum, acid washed, and hard Anodized. The same company makes them for all the SCCA, and vintage Trans Am series, race cars...

23kdlxh.jpg

Edited by Powershift

Everything looks awesome! Totally jealous of the brakes. That'll be one of my last mods. Those seats look very good and I'm impressed with your addition to the vintage 48s. I almost got those wheels but the open look wasn't what I was going for so I went with a different wheel but the same style spokes.

I just did the brake bedding process this evening. They work flawlessly, and I can honestly say it's a MUCH more confident feeling system. I think a great set of brakes, along with an over drive transmission, are really two of the biggest areas to improve the driving experience of an early Mustang. I can't wait to get to the suspension upgrades too, as I know the handling improvement will be just as drastic.

BIG thanks to Shaun, at Street or Track. He is one of the nicest guys I have dealt with so far on this build. And, the quality of the parts he sells is TOP NOTCH.