Sign in to follow this  
Big Secz

Overhaulin' Mustang For Sale

I think they are Recaro but I'm pretty sure if you watch the episode they mention it. Overhaulin' episodes are now available for instant viewing on Netflix as well. It's Seaason 2 episode 7 for this car.

I think they are Recaro but I'm pretty sure if you watch the episode they mention it. Overhaulin' episodes are now available for instant viewing on Netflix as well. It's Seaason 2 episode 7 for this car.

Found this. All the info you need on the car. Seats are Cobra:

http://www.mustangdepot.com/Media/gambler514.htm

It appears this is not the first time this car hit the market. A quick Google search turned up that it hit Ebay back on 2007. It also appears that it isn't the first Overhaulin' car that has hit the market either.

There are several theories as to why people are selling them, financial, publicity, storage, etc. I guess it's one of those be careful what you wish for types of things. A blessing at first then a curse. Who knows.

The quick research that I have done states that the following cars have been sold since they appeared on the show:

Edited by Big Secz

Found this. All the info you need on the car. Seats are Cobra:

http://www.mustangdepot.com/Media/gambler514.htm

It appears this is not the first time this car hit the market. A quick Google search turned up that it hit Ebay back on 2007. It also appears that it isn't the first Overhaulin' car that has hit the market either.

There are several theories as to why people are selling them, financial, publicity, storage, etc. I guess it's one of those be careful what you wish for types of things. A blessing at first then a curse. Who knows.

The quick research that I have done states that the following cars have been sold since they appeared on the show:

Edited by Big Secz

Those are some ugly wheels. Never been a fan of big dubs on classics.

I've always wondered if there are quality issues with those cars considering how fast they are built. I know several of the home makeover shows have had problems.

Those are some ugly wheels. Never been a fan of big dubs on classics.

I've always wondered if there are quality issues with those cars considering how fast they are built. I know several of the home makeover shows have had problems.

I did some quick research and this is not the first Overhaulin car that has been sold. Here is a quick list of cars that I have found have been sold and what episodes they appeared on:

1968 Chevy Camaro Convertible – Season 1 Episode 5 “Beverly Hills Camaro”

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p>1971 Dodge Challenger – Season 2 Episode 7 “Challenging Dodge”

<o:p>1968 Olds 442 – Season 2 Episode 12 “4-4 New”

2005 Ford Mustang – Season 3 Episode 7 “Snaked”

<o:p>2005 Dodge Magnum – Season 3 Episode 12 “Firey Brit”

<o:p>1930 Ford Model A – Season 3 Episode 20 “Overtime”

1996 Chevy Tahoe - Season 4 Episode 4 “Overhaulin’ Bling”<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

</o:p></o:p><o:p></o:p>

</o:p></o:p>

I did some quick research and this is not the first Overhaulin car that has been sold. Here is a quick list of cars that I have found have been sold and what episodes they appeared on:

1968 Chevy Camaro Convertible – Season 1 Episode 5 “Beverly Hills Camaro”

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p>1971 Dodge Challenger – Season 2 Episode 7 “Challenging Dodge”

<o:p>1968 Olds 442 – Season 2 Episode 12 “4-4 New”

2005 Ford Mustang – Season 3 Episode 7 “Snaked”

<o:p>2005 Dodge Magnum – Season 3 Episode 12 “Firey Brit”

<o:p>1930 Ford Model A – Season 3 Episode 20 “Overtime”

1996 Chevy Tahoe - Season 4 Episode 4 “Overhaulin’ Bling”<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

</o:p></o:p><o:p></o:p>

</o:p></o:p>

I want to know what kinda hood scoop that is and where to get one.... The one on the mustang blackened is a boss 429 cut down 1.5"

But I don't wanna do that and I don't wanna have some cheesy thin fiberglass scoop on my var

I want to know what kinda hood scoop that is and where to get one.... The one on the mustang blackened is a boss 429 cut down 1.5"

But I don't wanna do that and I don't wanna have some cheesy thin fiberglass scoop on my var

According to the info provided on the Mustang Depot link, its a modified B429 scoop.

Yeah modified is what I thought..... Wonder what gotta do to it?

Pretty sere ya gotta cut it down, then somehow reinstall then studs etc....

Only thing close is the eliminator scoop.....can't find that part number on mustang depots site tho

Does anybody else find that these owners are a tad ungrateful. I mean, aren't these cars built for people that are "down-and-out" or couldn't afford a nice resto, or geniunly good people...etc. And to then profit off of it?

Well there are several rumors floating around the net as to why people are getting rid of these cars. The #1 reason of course is due to financial reasons. But there are some valid points to be said that some may not be able to handle the publicity or essentially becoming a target for theft. Then another reason could be that they do not have the adequate means to store such "high-end" cars. With that said, considering the '68 Camaro was done for a former TV star, Ian Zering, I dout he sold his for any reason other than to profit from it. But who know, only these people know for sure.

IMO they ruined that car. Nothing on that car is appealing other than the stroked big block, and even then it really isn't that much to look at visually.

From what I recall the car owner is responsible to pay for all of the parts that are put on the car but the labor is free. If you add up the $$$ for that stroker motor, suspension, gauges, etc you could probably buy a restored 428CJ car.

From what I recall the car owner is responsible to pay for all of the parts that are put on the car but the labor is free. If you add up the $$$ for that stroker motor, suspension, gauges, etc you could probably buy a restored 428CJ car.

Wow, I hadn't thought of that. I would have figured the parts people traded the parts for advertizing since they prominently mention where they get the motor, transmission, etc and the guys wear the t-shirts from those companies.

I could be wrong, but thought that was one of the stipulations on their overhaulin website when you fill in the application. Maybe it was just paying the taxes, hell its been awhile since I read that.