Sign in to follow this  
tharrold

Transmission cooling lines

20+ years ago, I re-made transmission cooling lines based on the lines that were on my car, and routed them under the motor mount.

About 15 years ago, I had the engine pulled, and when it was re-installed, I saw that they had routed the lines above the motor mount. To me, it seems a bit awkward. I am having trouble finding good diagrams that confirm which way is correct.

Below the mount, as I recall, I was concerned about them sagging. Since I'm not 100% certain that the cooling lines that I used for a model were factory, I can't be sure that mine are bent properly.

Can anyone confirm the proper path for the trans cooling lines?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

20+ years ago, I re-made transmission cooling lines based on the lines that were on my car, and routed them under the motor mount.

About 15 years ago, I had the engine pulled, and when it was re-installed, I saw that they had routed the lines above the motor mount. To me, it seems a bit awkward. I am having trouble finding good diagrams that confirm which way is correct.

Below the mount, as I recall, I was concerned about them sagging. Since I'm not 100% certain that the cooling lines that I used for a model were factory, I can't be sure that mine are bent properly.

Can anyone confirm the proper path for the trans cooling lines?

Thanks in advance,

Tom