Sign in to follow this  
crankywanker

Heater Kits

Keep checking ebay, everything will be there. Heat only systems are in very low demand, so they should be easy to get. everyone wants AC systems. There are also some places like perogie.com and northcoastmustang.com that have a lot of used parts. I also know of a guy near Little Rock that used to have a lot of them, as well as Tim Baxter in Northwest Wisconsin; both have a bunch of them.

Keep checking ebay, everything will be there. Heat only systems are in very low demand, so they should be easy to get. everyone wants AC systems. There are also some places like perogie.com and northcoastmustang.com that have a lot of used parts. I also know of a guy near Little Rock that used to have a lot of them, as well as Tim Baxter in Northwest Wisconsin; both have a bunch of them.

do you know what parts make up the heater system?

Off the top of my head, for non-A/C...

1. Heater core

2. Heater enclosure (2-piece fiberglass)

3. Clips to hold enclosure halves together

4. Upper & lower ducts, plastic

5. Round intake seal/gasket

6. Blower motor and blower

7. Resistor assembly (mounts on enclosure, for blower speed control)

8. Control cable

The plumbing and blower motor on A/C cars are slightly different. Shop and Assembly manuals would be real handy here.

Off the top of my head, for non-A/C...

1. Heater core

2. Heater enclosure (2-piece fiberglass)

3. Clips to hold enclosure halves together

4. Upper & lower ducts, plastic

5. Round intake seal/gasket

6. Blower motor and blower

7. Resistor assembly (mounts on enclosure, for blower speed control)

8. Control cable

The plumbing and blower motor on A/C cars are slightly different. Shop and Assembly manuals would be real handy here.