Sign in to follow this  
mikem

Radio bracket picture?

I'm trying to revive the dash and controls area of my stang. I purchased a new radio bezel and new "made to fit" upgraded radio so i could do away with the previous owners home made radio bezel and din stereo. After removing the old stereo, i see that there is really nothing there to support a stock type radio. I understand that there is supposed to be a bracket in there and saw pictures of it on the net but i didnt see any pictures of where or how it is situated in this hole. Any help out there?

Looks like you're going to need a new lower dash. There are two brackets that support the radio, one for the front that's available in repropuction, and one for the rear. The one in the rear is just a short piece that supports the stud on the back and has a clip that slides on the shelf at the bottom.

This is the oem bracket, it attaches to the holes in the 2 tabs hanging down and the 2 holes at the top of your hvac controls (where the ground wire is in your pic)

Edited by RacerX

This is the oem bracket, it attaches to the holes in the 2 tabs hanging down and the 2 holes at the top of your hvac controls (where the ground wire is in your pic)

Edited by RacerX

to piggyback and completely hi-jack ur thread, what's a good option for a cd player for our old cars? i have the look-like-stock AM/FM digital mustang radio. how can i get CDs/MP3 Hookups?

Myself and others will do modifications of original AM/FM radios and tape players to allow a seperate MP3 or CD input. It could be done on your digital radio, but it would not be easy.

The easiest way for you to do it is to buy an FM transmitter. It plugs into your CD or MP3 and transmits a signal that is picked up by your radio. You tune the FM radio to the station that your MP3 player is at.

to piggyback and completely hi-jack ur thread, what's a good option for a cd player for our old cars? i have the look-like-stock AM/FM digital mustang radio. how can i get CDs/MP3 Hookups?

Myself and others will do modifications of original AM/FM radios and tape players to allow a seperate MP3 or CD input. It could be done on your digital radio, but it would not be easy.

The easiest way for you to do it is to buy an FM transmitter. It plugs into your CD or MP3 and transmits a signal that is picked up by your radio. You tune the FM radio to the station that your MP3 player is at.

Thank you RacerX. I didn't see that the original dash had been cut or hacked up so i was sure i didnt need a new lower dash. What you say makes sense. It looks like i would need to install the radio in this bracket first and then install the bracket and radio as a unit.?

If anyone has a picture of this area with the bracket installed or the radio and bracket installed, i would still love to see it. Thanks for the responses.

Thank you RacerX. I didn't see that the original dash had been cut or hacked up so i was sure i didnt need a new lower dash. What you say makes sense. It looks like i would need to install the radio in this bracket first and then install the bracket and radio as a unit.?

If anyone has a picture of this area with the bracket installed or the radio and bracket installed, i would still love to see it. Thanks for the responses.

Old post but instead of starting a new thread a bit of additional information added to this one might be useful. I can see how the bracket in post 4 attaches to the the four holes in post 1. However, should the bracket be attached in front or behind the top mounting holes? Same question for the bottom holes.