Sign in to follow this  
jbaeza94

460/429 Swap

hi, i recently decided to undertake the process of building a 69 coupe, and i really want to put a 460 into the car. ive been pokeing around the internet and have found that some people say you need to shave the shock towers, some say you dont, some say you need diferent control arms and some say you dont. so i just need to get this straight if you guys can help, what do i need to get it in? what modifications need to be done to the car? all help is apreciated. thanks alot.

Edited by jbaeza94

Hello working on my 70 same as a 69 and made the motor mounts myself had the motor in at least 3 times , yes its tight but no problem that cant be overcome , changing plugs is my last concern , plan on making the motor come out as easy as possible because i like working on the motor and plan on stroking it porting , different cams , etc , so sort of trying to make it a quick change as much as possible , so far had to grind the exhaust manifold a little -from a 77 lincoln i cut out the metal for the radiator and hood latch and will make it bolt in, everything else seems to fit -very tight but it fit gonna make a torque arm to control the motor from moving much , the look im trying for is to look as stock as possible so when the hood is up people will think it came that way , thanks for reading hope this helps , steve rockbottom