Sign in to follow this  
paulb

Clevor info pls

hi all,am wanting to know from people that have done a clevor ,was it worth it? am currently contemplating tackling this,i have a 74 351 windsor and already have 4vs afd cylinder heads ,want to stroke to 408,what headers work with this set up,can use either c4 or fmx trans .has enyone used eagle stroker kits? and how did you find them? not after cleveland vs windsor just some facts,

thanks paul

hi all,am wanting to know from people that have done a clevor ,was it worth it? am currently contemplating tackling this,i have a 74 351 windsor and already have 4vs afd cylinder heads ,want to stroke to 408,what headers work with this set up,can use either c4 or fmx trans .has enyone used eagle stroker kits? and how did you find them? not after cleveland vs windsor just some facts,

thanks paul

ausfordparts.com is where i purchased my AFD 2V heads and 408 scat forged stroker kit from. I just told them what block I had and went with it. i did have some problems with my heads sealing where they drilled and plugged the cleveland water passages, also I ended up running a different rocker ratio on the exhaust than the intake due to geometry problems... but the motor ran 500hp/500tq @ 5300 rpm.

i tried to go with a eagle 408 stroker kit, but the local parts house and talking with a eagle rep told me they didnt have a kit to fit my setup, 69 Windsor block with cleveland heads and would piece something together for me. so i went with a scat forged setup...

was it worth it? money vs hp wise probably not, you can purchase nice windsor heads that will flow just as good, but i wanted something different than a 351/408 with aluminum heads so i have what i wanted to build.......

double check but i think 70 4v headers work with the setup you mentioned. just read the mfg spec on the headers for what they should fit, auto or manual etc.

good luck on your build!!!:punk:

Edited by stangme428
eagle ntoes

Would you like to buy the water crossover required for a clevor set up? I'm in Oz and got one cheap! ...although they do quite a few manifold options for the clevor these days which have the water crossover built in already.

Edited by 6T9rustang