Sign in to follow this  
crankywanker

Moving to Ohio

Hey folks. I'm going to Dayton, OH and I was wondering if there are any great car shows that happen there every year, where all the cool car hang outs are and also where are the good classic mustang parts stores and anything else valuable for 69s.

Goodguys Rod & Custom in Columbus (about and 1 to 1.25 hours from Dayton) is in July.

Over 7,000 Rods, Customs, Classics, Muscle Cars, Street Machines and Trucks thru ’72. It's worth visting.

Welcome. What brings you to Dayton?

Friday cruise at the Kmart across from The Greene.

Quaker Steak & Lube used to have Thursday night cruise-in, not sure if its still going on though.

There are pretty much car shows somewhere nearby almost every saturday through the summer. Sometimes 2 on saturday close enough together to hit one in the afternoon and one in the evening.

Kettering Holiday at home show Labor Day weekend, show participation is by invitation only but there's always a lot of quality vehicles.

Greenville show in early september where they shutdown Broadway through downtown and the circle.

For parts stores.

Mr. Mustang in Trotwood, they have weird hours. Decent prices.

I was in the US Air Force and met my wife who is also in while stationed in Iraq. We've been living in my home state (Oklahoma) for a few years after I got out. But now we want to move to Ohio which is her home state to settle down and have kids. Her whooole family lives in Dayton, actually englewood, and so we're going to move there too. I'm sure we'll have a blasty blast. I always like visiting and it seems like you guys have more car events/more classic car parts places than Oklahoma does. I'll definitely be going to the July show wherever it is at because I'll be moving to englewood at the end of June. Although I think I already said that.

Welcome. What brings you to Dayton?

Friday cruise at the Kmart across from The Greene.

Quaker Steak & Lube used to have Thursday night cruise-in, not sure if its still going on though.

There are pretty much car shows somewhere nearby almost every saturday through the summer. Sometimes 2 on saturday close enough together to hit one in the afternoon and one in the evening.

Kettering Holiday at home show Labor Day weekend, show participation is by invitation only but there's always a lot of quality vehicles.

Greenville show in early september where they shutdown Broadway through downtown and the circle.

For parts stores.

Mr. Mustang in Trotwood, they have weird hours. Decent prices.

what's Mr Mustang like? a bunch of NOS parts? Or some other stuff?

what's Mr Mustang like? a bunch of NOS parts? Or some other stuff?

repro parts and an inventory of used.

Good luck on the assembly plant jobs. The area got hit bad when GM closed the moraine assembly plant and several Delphi plants shut down or close to it. Many supporting businesses went away too. There's many small factories still going supporting different industries. Just have to look.